Mix This ...........only 2 tracks - Hard Rock - Metal

BCF1

The music was recorded years ago on Roland VS1680(which I don't have) track didn't have any vocals. So I had/have a mix of the music, no vox and no access to stems. I recently recorded some vocals for it *(I'm a guitarist not a vocalist)* that I don't think are completely shit, but .......................
Anyway I did a mix and I'm looking to see how it can be improved upon. Being that there's only 2 tracks, the music and the vocal it won't be overly involved or complicated, I don't think.
So I'm throwing it out to you guys with the experience and mad skills to hopefully get a better sounding song.
My mix is attached to this post(in case that wasn't obvious) and the 2 .wav tracks can be downloaded here:

https://app.box.com/s/06qzcso26bmuerqwexrxcsw4mbs374i0

let me know if you like

That's not bad at all !! I just gave it a somewhat distracted listen but will definitely give it my full focus here in a few minutes. With the cans on and cranked up on the big system then report back again.

Thank you for taking the time to mess with my song I really appreciate it !!!!

Shit I forgot to mention in the original post that I would be stoked to get an outline of sorts pertaining to what you did in your mix, the how and why I guess if that wouldn't be to much trouble. I ask this because I wish to learn and improve my mixes, gain insight and knowledge.......etc...........bla bla bla
You could pm this info to me or post it here, whatever your comfortable with.

like I said I'll get back to you again after a few more plays.

Thanks again :listeningmusic:

The song is pleasant, but the problem it's that it's only 2 stems, one of them is the guitar mixed with the drums and I can't feel the kick, for example and the snare is a little hidden. It's a problem for you to upload all the individual files like kick, snare, hats, guitars and bass? Sorry for this question. I like the sonority in general, you sing well in my opinion.

The song is pleasant, but the problem it's that it's only 2 stems, one of them is the guitar mixed with the drums and I can't feel the kick, for example and the snare is a little hidden. It's a problem for you to upload all the individual files like kick, snare, hats, guitars and bass? Sorry for this question. I like the sonority in general, you sing well in my opinion.

Thank you for the compliment.

I understand the fact that the music(drums, bass, guitar) being "mixed" already to a single track is about as far from ideal as we can get and leaves very few options. As I attempted to explain in the 1st post the music was recorded some years back on a machine I didn't own and with regards to this piece of music all I walked away with was this "rough mix" of the all the tracks associated with it at the time. No individual tracks, no di's, no sub mixes, just the one rough mixed track. I doubt the original tracks still exist.

Thank you for your interest in my song you are welcome to work with the two tracks I have made available for download and would like to hear what you could do with them, even if it's very little.

Thanks again

Great chance to practice some mid/side stuff. . . but I wish I had that accent guitar track, I'd like to turn it down.

View attachment 98928

This sounds great, clean and clear. I agree the accent fill guitar is a bit loud, without the stems we're screwed. I'm wondering if the vocals shouldn't be a hair louder? Not sure. Again it sound Great !! Thank you !!

No prob man, I boosted the bass and widened/raised vocal level. Hopefully didn't overdo it. . .

View attachment always there 2.mp3

What I did is put some eq on the master, and an encoder/decoder to eq the mid and sides separately. You can kind of separate the instruments that way, each one tends to occupy its own range/speaker. Also some multiband compression to bring out the bass.

No prob man, I boosted the bass and widened/raised vocal level. Hopefully didn't overdo it. . .

View attachment 98940

What I did is put some eq on the master, and an encoder/decoder to eq the mid and sides separately. You can kind of separate the instruments that way, each one tends to occupy its own range/speaker. Also some multiband compression to bring out the bass.

Wow !! Need to give this a few plays and A/B with #1

mid/side anything is a mysterious untraveled land for me. I know it exists but haven't acquired a visa to cross the border
multi-band I've played with a few ways and even got lucky with it a few times.

Definitely need to read up on and experiment more with these tools and ideas.

Thank you again for your time, insight and talent. Much appreciated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey neuro Sounds great man !! Noticeably, heavily compressed but you managed to tame that fill guitar which was a bit loud : )

Crankin !!!!!!!! Thanks for using some of your time, skills and effort to work on my song !!!!

Much appreciated !!!!!!

Back