Mix this 2 tracks (Guitar + Vocal) Acoustic indie song!

Hey, here is my mix. Nothing big, I just did what I though felt right. This song is beautiful!

PS : Can I put this song in my portfolio?

- Headline

Thanks!, yeah you can put it on your portfolio, yeah you didn't put too much on the editing which is good, but the guitar is slightly panned to the left am i right?, I would say i think the guitar is lost in the overall track, maybe popping it a little bit, because the vocals sticks too much , thank you for your time :)

Here's my quick try.
Love the vocals and timbre! Excelent ;)
Anything you need just PM.

See you around.

I love it! the panning from the guitar! my ears liked it:))! .. you were trying to get that moody-feel weren't you? It great but i think the reverb is overly-done but that might be just my opinion, thank you for mixing it!

i like your approach on making the track simple :), i think there's too much low-end mid-ish. It has some highs in it but i think it lack a little bit. But that may be just my preference when it comes to song, but nothings wrong with it, thank you!

Just a guess ,,. Mixed on headphones? Vocals sound like they might be doubled and panned right, which might be creating some minor phase issues. I like that its not overdone, but it sounds a little "in the head" to me.

Love this song !! What is your artist name though ?
Here's my mix, i went for something spacy and smooth, Let me know what you think :)
View attachment 91499
[MP3]91499[/MP3]

Definitely on headphones haha, good guess!
nah i used a chorus on the vocal to fatten it up a lil bit, had it through an aux track. but didnt reference them on monitors as it was a fairly quick mix.

Here's my take. The song really started to grow on me after a few run throughs. Feedback would be nice ;)

Attachments

• This Story.mp3
    6 MB · Views: 11
Just gave my mix a listen on clean ears and the guitars are muddy and vocal needs de-essing. Will correct and repost

Tried my best, it's actually my first time mixing acoustic.. Kind of felt the atmosphere of the song and now it's seems like a guy and a girl sitting next to each other and singing at a local gig in the pub :)
Didn't do tons of rev and no delay at all. no pitch correction and all this bs, all natural is best!

Attachments

• thisstory.mp3
    5.9 MB · Views: 3
Back