Mix this!!! 13 tracks

Hey I'm brand new to the forum but I saw this song and thought I would take a crack at it. This is what I came up with. Comments encouraged!

https://soundcloud.com/a501dude/waiting-for-superman/s-LA1Ey

I try not to change too much about the song. I just try to balance and make things sound clear so I hope I accomplished that.
I did however take a small liberty in the breakdown just before the final chorus.
I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks for sharing. I like the mix overall. I think it's clean and you can hear all of the important elements really well. There is some "strumming" sound in the middle of the song that I think I tried to EQ out when I was working on my mix (still a WIP), but otherwise I think you did a great job. I'm not sure I like the "effect" you added before the last chorus, but that's personal taste. I think it works with the song fine, I just don't personally care for it.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you stick around and keep posting.

Thanks for sharing. I like the mix overall. I think it's clean and you can hear all of the important elements really well. There is some "strumming" sound in the middle of the song that I think I tried to EQ out when I was working on my mix (still a WIP), but otherwise I think you did a great job. I'm not sure I like the "effect" you added before the last chorus, but that's personal taste. I think it works with the song fine, I just don't personally care for it.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you stick around and keep posting.

Hey thanks for your input man. I've been trying to figure out if I've been getting better at mixing at all but no one I know listens with that kind of ear. Or listens at all lol.

I know the lo-fi voice in that part isn't for everyone but I felt like something needed to change so that the vocal didn't sound stagnant.
In my head I was hearing lo-fi so that's what I went for.
I kind of liked the acoustic in the chorus but I wish I could have had all of the electric tracks separately so that I could mix those as well.
Whenever I tried to make the acoustic come through a little more it just seemed like it was overpowering the mix and I think it's because it was trying to overpower the electrics.
So I left it just a little buried to where you could hear it but it wasn't the focus.
Anyways thanks for the input I really do appreciate it

Hey I'm brand new to the forum but I saw this song and thought I would take a crack at it. This is what I came up with. Comments encouraged!

https://soundcloud.com/a501dude/waiting-for-superman/s-LA1Ey

I try not to change too much about the song. I just try to balance and make things sound clear so I hope I accomplished that.
I did however take a small liberty in the breakdown just before the final chorus.
I hope you enjoy it.

Everything looks cool but i'd look at the vocal's lows something seems to be getting in the way maybe around 300-500
I think the kick is pushing a little bit too much the rest of the mix

Like X, im unsure of the FX before the last chorus but hey that might just be me too.

Nice job.

Guess I'm late to this game, but I joined the forum recently and found this song. It's fantastic, and was a blast to mix/master. Here's mine.

Attachments

• Waiting For Superman [Half Enigma Productions].mp3
    8.5 MB · Views: 9
Listening to my mix the next day with fresh ears, there are a few small tweaks I'm going to make. The level of the toms is a bit much for me. Will reign that in. Anything else I should attend to when I get to it?

Listening to my mix the next day with fresh ears, there are a few small tweaks I'm going to make. The level of the toms is a bit much for me. Will reign that in. Anything else I should attend to when I get to it?
Yes. Make the vocals audible.

Yes. Make the vocals audible.

You think so? I purposely left them a bit back in the mix, in line with punk music. Referencing punk in the 70s and 80s, as well as 90s like Green Day, the vocals seem less pronounced than in modern pop music. I could bring it up a db or so, but I think more than that would be too far out on top for the genre.

Thoughts? Thanks for the feedback.

Here's a second version of the song. Toms have been reigned in, vocals pushed up and EQ adjusted slightly accordingly. Overall balance adjusted in the master. I think this is a great improvement from the first day session.

Attachments

• Waiting For Superman v2 [Half Enigma Productions].mp3
    8.5 MB · Views: 7
Aaaand a final mix. This is where I would end if I were doing a project for someone.

Attachments

• Waiting For Superman v3 [Half Enigma Productions].mp3
    8.5 MB · Views: 19
Back