Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Looking for tracks to practice mixing

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tampa, Fl.
    Posts
    358
    Thanks
    94
    Thanked 24 Times in 24 Posts
    Rep Power
    135923
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by DctrRoss View Post
    I have stems to a song if you want, it won't let me post links though.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAE View Post
    One of the online recording tutors I follow is Warren Huart he just put out an e-mail where he is having a contest for followers to mix tracks... Here's a link to the deal he has going on...might be fun and educational for you...
    Quote Originally Posted by ecc83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DctrRoss View Post
    Here is a mix contest with real money involved. I won last year and actually got cash $$ unlike some of the other contests that never deliver the prizes.

    ok, it still won't let me post links. Google XMAS MIX CONTEST.
    Wow! Thanks for all the input, guys 😎

    Quite a Christmas bonanza.
    ...as i get older, my equipment gets smaller
    I don't have stuff. I used to have stuff. Now I have things. I need more stuff.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Atlanta, GA USA
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DctrRoss View Post
    Here is a mix contest with real money involved. I won last year and actually got cash $$ unlike some of the other contests that never deliver the prizes.

    ok, it still won't let me post links. Google XMAS MIX CONTEST.
    'Tis the season for mix contests. Waves and HOFA both have contests in progress right now with good tracks. Google will show the way...

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tampa, Fl.
    Posts
    358
    Thanks
    94
    Thanked 24 Times in 24 Posts
    Rep Power
    135923
    I went over to the Cockos' December 2017 Mix Contest REAPER CONTEST - DECEMBER 2017 (MIXING) - Cockos Incorporated Forums

    I'm not submitting, just practicing.

    I loaded in 21 of the available tracks and everything but the lead vocal gels very well. The lead vocal has a lot of screams that sound metallic-like, but the rest sounds great. When I clean up the screams, the rest suffers. A work in progress..

    I feel like one of The Blues Brothers
    ...as i get older, my equipment gets smaller
    I don't have stuff. I used to have stuff. Now I have things. I need more stuff.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    WALES, UK
    Age
    66
    Posts
    456
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
    Rep Power
    5254890
    Quote Originally Posted by spantini View Post
    I went over to the Cockos' December 2017 Mix Contest REAPER CONTEST - DECEMBER 2017 (MIXING) - Cockos Incorporated Forums

    I'm not submitting, just practicing.

    I loaded in 21 of the available tracks and everything but the lead vocal gels very well. The lead vocal has a lot of screams that sound metallic-like, but the rest sounds great. When I clean up the screams, the rest suffers. A work in progress..

    I feel like one of The Blues Brothers
    The great thing about this contest is you can ONLY use the plugs that come with Reaper!, so everyone really IS in the same boat?.
    I don't enter these contests cos I'm still very deep into just playing & recording & when I'm happy with that??? I'll move on!
    I started out with nothing, & i've still got most of it left seasick steve

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Hey, what kind of Genre are you looking for? Cheers

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    WALES, UK
    Age
    66
    Posts
    456
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
    Rep Power
    5254890
    Quote Originally Posted by CIOSA View Post
    Hey, what kind of Genre are you looking for? Cheers
    Who, What, ,,,,,What?
    I started out with nothing, & i've still got most of it left seasick steve

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. ecc83

Similar Threads

  1. If anyone wants to practice their mixing, here you go!
    By rvs0002 in forum Mixing Techniques
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 08-21-2010, 17:18
  2. Anyone want some mixing practice?
    By famous beagle in forum Mixing Techniques
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-15-2010, 10:19
  3. practice tracks
    By Aaron_Kellogg in forum Mixing Techniques
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-18-2009, 08:51
  4. Looking to mix a few tracks for practice.
    By tsitalon1 in forum MP3 Mixing Clinic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-09-2009, 17:40
  5. More tracks for everyone to practice mixing and have fun with!
    By Nick The Man in forum MP3 Mixing Clinic
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 02-09-2008, 09:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •