Looking for a remix of a weird song - 5 minutes

damianhk

I had this song > Damian Kidder Songs | ReverbNation < mixed, and was excited at first because it was alot better than what i could do. But now it seems squashed and harsh. I don't usually write this type of song, but it was just an idea that happened all at once. I'd like to get it mixed to where i can tolerate it, then move on. I have the raw tracks (uncompressed , just like the mixer suggested) I tried to work with it using audacity, and i can't get a handle on the reverb, and other functions. I'm an old school dude who records with a tascam dp-01:) Not sure how this works, but contact me, and i'll send you to raw tracks. I was curious and loaded song into wavepad, and it does appear to be squashed. See attachment. Looking for this tune to have a little breathing room; then I'm off to the next song.

Edit: I found an unmastered mp3 from the original session, and it's a little less harsh, so that's what's up at reverbnation. I made a mix last nite that i may put up later?, and someone else may give it a go. I like playing and recording, and I have alot of respect for mixers. I'm not sure if i have the patience and ears for it. Oh, and I don't have the equipment for it.

Attachments

• squashed.jpg
    squashed.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:
Back