looking for help - two track singer/songwriter song

Between the massive wave file, the fact that I'd have to unzip it, and the fact that it's hosted on one of those shady "try to not click the wrong download button" sites, I didn't actually listen.

Odds are good though that you can improve it with some EQ and compression on each track.

Also, this should probably be in the mp3 mixing clinic.

Michael, get an account with SoundCloud. You can upload and share your music much easier there, and people will be more willing to listen. It'll just stream your music to them. And once you're past the stage of just trying to get advice on your music, you can use it to share your music with the world. That's the best advice I've got right now.

Ah. That makes more sense. Actually, a simple, minimalist song like this is a pretty good way to cut your teeth mixing your own songs. Somebody may mix it for you here, but a) you'll miss out on the opportunity to learn something more about mixing and recording and b) the results will probably never be great. It sounds like your vocal delivery wasn't great, and your noise floor is pretty high. Fixing it in the mix can only go so far.

you've added some kind of weird gate/expander that ruins the vocal track, it's better to leave the bleed in instead of trying to remove it.

here's my version: View attachment 93813

I used some compression, EQ and reverb, and lots of filtering out extreme highs and lows, and cut out that massive gap, it was just way too long, let me know what you think about that.

regards,

Ben.

Back