I need stems to practise!

colja

I really need stems to practice! I like old rock/hard rock (deep purple, gnr, whitesnake,...) so it would be cool if it was in that kind of style! No worries if it's not, I just don't want some hip hop stuff... Thanks!

Have you looked at the posts in this section? There's a few rock songs with stems still available... ?

Have you looked at the posts in this section? There's a few rock songs with stems still available... ?

I have looked, there are none that I can download! Either the site is down, or I click the downlaod button and nothing happens... I really like one rock song, but if I try to click download, it's not working...

Yeah, the 'Mix This' furum has been a bit dead lately.

There are other places on the internet you could Google to look for free tracks to mix.

Or ask members that have posted here to upload the tracks again. Problem is that most get their tracks mixed and the link is removed for storage reasons.

What DAW are you using? Maybe I can throw out something for you to mess with.

I have looked, there are none that I can download! Either the site is down, or I click the downlaod button and nothing happens... I really like one rock song, but if I try to click download, it's not working...

Sorry, they must have just been pulled recently.

Yeah, the 'Mix This' furum has been a bit dead lately.

There are other places on the internet you could Google to look for free tracks to mix.

Or ask members that have posted here to upload the tracks again. Problem is that most get their tracks mixed and the link is removed for storage reasons.

What DAW are you using? Maybe I can throw out something for you to mess with.

I'm using reaper and nuendo 5

I'm working on a 70s style glam album, I can probably kick some tracks your way. How many files are you wanting to work with max?

Sound On Sound:
Although Nuendo 5 inherits most of the functionality introduced in Cubase 5 (and now 5.5), many of Cubase's more specific features for music creation are not present in the standard Nuendo 5 package. Instead, these extras are available as part of the Nuendo Expansion Kit (NEK), which was first introduced with Nuendo 4 so that Steinberg could clearly differentiate the program as being targeted for audio production rather than for music. As a bonus, it also allowed the company to start charging users an extra fee.
The original NEK wasn't terribly exciting. It brought back the Drum and Score editors, along with four of the VST Instruments that were included with Cubase. However, given the number of nifty new features for music creation that Steinberg introduced in Cubase 5, the decision has been made to remove these from the standard Nuendo package and include them in the NEK instead. So if you purchase Nuendo 5 and expect to see plug‑ins such as Loop Mash, Groove Agent One and Beat Designer, or want to work with VST Expression, you might be disappointed.
While Steinberg have definitely added value to the NEK in version 5 with these new features, I still struggle with the logic behind the decision. I understand the company wants to distinguish Nuendo with a different set of merits; but I'm not sure anyone was confused about Pro Tools virtues' for audio production when Digidesign released version 8 and included all of the new music creation features in both LE and HD without any extra cost being applied.
At the end of the day, if you use Nuendo for music creation, you'll want the NEK. If you're already an NEK user, you'll need to purchase upgrades for both Nuendo and the NEK when moving to version 5.

Go here.

A massive amount of songs for you to practice mixing with, I've used it A LOT myself.

Website is run by a guy called Mike Senior, author of Mixing Secrets for the small studio, highly recommended by the way.

Also there's Produce Like a Pro, run by Warren Huart. I've come to like the guy a lot. He has some freebie stems that you can download and mix with.

Probably because you are using a $50 program and a $2500 program for 3 years ago. He is assuming that the Nuendo is a crack, since we are on Nuendo 7 now, and anyone with Nuendo 5 would have upgraded to Nuendo 5.5 because it was free and had significant bug fixes.

Sound On Sound:
Although Nuendo 5 inherits most of the functionality introduced in Cubase 5 (and now 5.5), many of Cubase's more specific features for music creation are not present in the standard Nuendo 5 package. Instead, these extras are available as part of the Nuendo Expansion Kit (NEK), which was first introduced with Nuendo 4 so that Steinberg could clearly differentiate the program as being targeted for audio production rather than for music. As a bonus, it also allowed the company to start charging users an extra fee.
The original NEK wasn't terribly exciting. It brought back the Drum and Score editors, along with four of the VST Instruments that were included with Cubase. However, given the number of nifty new features for music creation that Steinberg introduced in Cubase 5, the decision has been made to remove these from the standard Nuendo package and include them in the NEK instead. So if you purchase Nuendo 5 and expect to see plug‑ins such as Loop Mash, Groove Agent One and Beat Designer, or want to work with VST Expression, you might be disappointed.
While Steinberg have definitely added value to the NEK in version 5 with these new features, I still struggle with the logic behind the decision. I understand the company wants to distinguish Nuendo with a different set of merits; but I'm not sure anyone was confused about Pro Tools virtues' for audio production when Digidesign released version 8 and included all of the new music creation features in both LE and HD without any extra cost being applied.
At the end of the day, if you use Nuendo for music creation, you'll want the NEK. If you're already an NEK user, you'll need to purchase upgrades for both Nuendo and the NEK when moving to version 5.
I really wish they would stop changing the focus of the two programs. I started with Nuendo 1, because it had more useful production features than Cubase, which was heavily midi focused. As time went on, the only real difference between the two was some encoding and the ability to do 7.2 surround mixes.

I would have moved to Cubase a long time ago, but the upgrade path for Nuendo, even with the NEK upgrade was always cheaper than buying Cubase. (and there was never a crossgrade available every time I looked)

I am trying to record some Anime songs. If you wanna try to mix my covers we can work together! :D

I guess I could do that, but warning - my mixes are not that good. I have just started. So don't expect some top quality. But I would do it for free!

Back