A couple of hip hop songs i need help mastering!!!!!

Hey Evan, nice stuff man!
it's great that you posted it, I haven't had much opportunities to work with hip hop music

Would you listen at what I did here, tell me what you think?
I really wanna improve my skills and do justice to the music

Somehow I feel like I miss a bass element coming in in the choruses.
I think the verse vocals came out really great but I'm interested in what you or other people think!!

Hey Evan, nice stuff man!
it's great that you posted it, I haven't had much opportunities to work with hip hop music

Would you listen at what I did here, tell me what you think?
I really wanna improve my skills and do justice to the music

Somehow I feel like I miss a bass element coming in in the choruses.
I think the verse vocals came out really great but I'm interested in what you or other people think!!

I REALLY like what you did with this, it sounds really crisp. The only thing i would change is the part around like 2:30 where it slows down and i start talking, it sounds like you can hear my breathing too much but other than that this is really awesome and I could send you some more stripped down songs if youd like?

wow man, glad you like it!

The only thing i would change is the part around like 2:30 where it slows down and i start talking, it sounds like you can hear my breathing too much

That's so funny: when I heard that I thought the same and I was already reaching for a plugin to reduce the breathing
Than I actually thought it was kinda cool, thinking about the insomnia I imagine this guy sleepless talking in the mid of the night so breathes heavily -- anyway I agree it'd be good to lower those.

hey, sure I'd love to mix some more!
thanks a lot man!

quick mix at 3 am...

i have not been on this site in about 2 years. but i logged on. ran across your post. and did this.. I'm going to add you on soundcloud. i have more of my work. .. your vocal tracks were recorded to loud... . maby clipping. or maby you ran some compression.. not sure. but a low input volume is good. a damaged signal is difficult to fix. but other than that. i like what your doing.. keep at it

Attachments

• Keep Riding-QuickMix1.mp3
    7.9 MB · Views: 20
@stormm64bar Hey bro sorry for the late response i just havent checked this site in a while. What you did sounds dope though I feel like it came out a lot better than my version did. Would you mind if i posted the song to soundcloud and give you credit for mixing it?

Back