Can you mix this acoustic rock song?

JohnnyIce

I made this song called "Beautiful Butterfly" a little while back but it always seemed dull or that there was something off about it.

Maybe you can figure out what it is and fix it! :-)

Anyways here are the files

Raw wav tracks:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xr2c33cga9jp7fw/Beautiful Butterfly.rar?dl=0

My Mix:

If needed I can further separate the drum track into individual drum pieces or even drum mics. I use Superior Drummer so there are a lot of mics haha. My internet is slow so that's why I didn't in the first place but if need to I will :-)

Also another note to keep in mind is the vocal tracks may have to be shifted slightly because they may play slightly to soon. I used autotune on them in my mix (which is where I took the files I just took off the effects) which caused lag so to compensate I made them play sooner.

Thanks guys! I really like the one by Btyre2013. It stays more in tune with the original but makes it seem more alive somehow :-) I like the idea of splitting the guitar into two stereo tracks like was done in AdrianM's but overall I like Btyre's more. But thank you both for taking the time out to mix my song! I really appreciate it :-) Might I ask what autotune and reverb plugins did you use on your mix Btyre? They sound really good and I was just curious :-)

Thanks guys! I really like the one by Btyre2013. It stays more in tune with the original but makes it seem more alive somehow :-) I like the idea of splitting the guitar into two stereo tracks like was done in AdrianM's but overall I like Btyre's more. But thank you both for taking the time out to mix my song! I really appreciate it :-) Might I ask what autotune and reverb plugins did you use on your mix Btyre? They sound really good and I was just curious :-)

thanks a lot man, I used the variaudio 2 in cubase 8, it does a good job of keeping the pitch natural, the reverb is lexicon pcm native reverb, I think it was the vintage plate.

Back