Can you mix this?

LondonCalling

Hey guys, hope you're all good. Just wanted to share this vocal + instrumental with you, would be awesome if someone could give it a shot. Pretty happy with how the instrumental turned out but the vocal is a bit rough, recorded it with a Blue Snowball and it picked up some background noise since I live in a busy building. Anyways, would be great if someone could give it a bash, looking to make something a bit haunting/dark if possible but open to anything. Possibly going to upload it to SoundCloud depending on how it sounds and more than happy to give credit. Please feel free to go crazy with it, use as much or as little of the vocal and I look forward to hearing it.
Thanks!

Vocals: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k0ejbsysx59dhoj/Lana.wav?dl=0

Instrumental: https://www.dropbox.com/s/imosr78b408hus4/Lana Music.wav?dl=0

I needed to test something last night so I had a play with your files--there wasn't a huge amount that can be done with only two tracks but here's what I came up with after about 40 minutes playing. I got it to the stage where any more improvement (for example some pitch correction) would start to take a lot of time.

LANA MIX

Weird, I get a sample rate issue with Cubase. The 'Music' track comes in way fast. Not sure what is causing this...

I can't do anything with it.

Fixed the import issue, but something must be off with the start times of the track.

Nevermind. I found where it should be.

Can anyone tell I'm bored? lol

I went to tune town...

Ok man, here is my take on it.

Attachments

• London Calling R1.mp3
    7.9 MB · Views: 52
I didn't edit out the lip smacks until the end part. It felt like that was part of the emotion and might be good to have it there.

I can send just the tuned vocal track so you can edit them out if you like.

You trying to start a loudness war there Jimmy? I left mine at about -10!

Sounds good. I thought of tuning the vocals but it was getting late here last night when I played and the lure of my bed got too strong!

I reduced many of the breath noises but just did it by ear, leaving some there slightly for the same reason as you. I also had a twiddle with the stereo image on the music track, spreading it out artificially wide to (hopefully) leave a bit of room in the centre for the vocal.

Lip smacking emotion - now we know where the obesity epidemic is coming from - TOO MUCH EMOTION.

Back