Audio Student Will Mix/Master Your Music For Free!

Man of God

What’s up guys, I‘ve been mixing, mastering, and producing music for about 10 years now, and I recently decided to get my degree in something I have a passion for. I am currently in school for music production and audio engineering, and I am looking to mix and master individual projects free of charge. I am no means an expert or "great", but I do not suck at what I do either. I will post my sound cloud page for examples for you to make your own judgment. I have experience mixing and mastering every genre from hip-hop to rock, pop, christian, country etc. My overall goal is to continue to better my craft while I'm in school. So any genre or artist is welcome. The only thing I ask is that you have at least “decent” quality. Meaning, even though I love a challenge, I probably couldn’t do too much with a 5 dollar mic from Walmart. Just like any producer, engineer will tell you. A great recording is the best way to a great mix.
Equipment:
I am strictly using a "in the box" setup.
Studio One, ProTools11, Cubase
Yamaha H8 Monitors
UR44 Audio Interface
Custom Built PC I7 3.2 Processor, 12 Gigs Ram
Waves Diamond Bundle, DMG Audio, Plugin Alliance Bundle, Izotope 6 and other VST’s

Contact info:
soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/xmanofgodx
email: nuffcedd@gmail.com

Instructions:
You can email or send me your project in any way you see fit. I recommend an upload service like dropbox or something of that nature. The wav files need to be at least 44k 24bit, under 0db, and they have to be all timed and aligned together. I should pretty much be able to drop them in my DAW and go. Once completed I'll send you the finished version via email, or threw any other communication you seem. I will then make any recommended recalls, or revisions and send it back until completely satisfied. All for free. Music is my passion, so I am completed willing and excited to do this. All I ask is only serious replies. Let’s have some fun and make some music guys.
Man of GoD

Well, most everyone at this site are here to record and mix their own songs. Not going to get any takers. But if you're looking for practice, you can go the Mix This!! section of the site and find links to tunes people have put up.

I've considered exchanging free mixes to build my portfolio (one mix I did for a member here is on my website, they permitted use in that manner). It's not a bad idea, so long as those utilizing the free service understand you'll be using the mix to showcase your talents.

I like the idea of getting better at mixing my own stuff, but I'm also interested in seeing what you would do with my stuff. I don't have anything new at the moment, but I plan to start recording soon.

I'm still new to all this stuff. If I record for you to mix, should I do stuff like double the guitars and vocals (by recording them multiple times) or is that sort of stuff unnecessary. Or what?

I'd like tips on what to record before going to the mixing stage. I've always been unsure.

I mean, I want tips on what to record to facilitate mixing. Like should I play the rhythm guitar 2 times the same way for extra depth or thickness or whatever, or is that sort of thing unnecessary if the instrument isn't playing anything differently. Should I sing the vocals on one track. Or should I do a second track where I try to sing it exactly the same as the first track.

Basically, I've had luck with my own mixes by recording the same guitar with the same settings twice, but I also don't know a lot so there may be a better way. But when I do it with just one recording of the guitar it sounds thin. I didn't know if the doubling is recommended or if a real mixing pro can fatten it up without the extra tracks.

EDIT: I just realized what you were asking. Yeah, I just misspoke. Obviously you would be done recording before going to the mixing stage. I guess I should have said "what should you record, and what would be unnecessary"...but it still probably wouldn't be clear what I meant...

Last edited:
Back