yet another reason...

Not limiter - Detector.
I'm not sure if the pic I'm looking at is identical to what you're using, but it's a switch at the top left on my view.

You should notice a big difference between peak+RMS detection on dynamic material...especially drums or something like, I think.
I should have a play with that myself. I'm not sure I've ever used an RMS compressor. I might not even own one, thinking about it.

Not limiter - Detector.
I'm not sure if the pic I'm looking at is identical to what you're using, but it's a switch at the top left on my view.

There's some toggle to use the ratio or some limiting option. There is a peak release and rms release. This is by memory. I'll check tomorrow.

Again...was only joking around. Given the two I'm talking with, I suspected you realized this. I appreciate the info, I'll get back on it tomorrow. Later

Alright cool. Sounds like a different plugin or different version. I linked to the pic I was working off, incase you missed it.
Interested to see what you turn up man, but bed calls for now.

Night all. :)

Come on, man. I never joke around. :eek: :D

yes but you both seemed to get irritated when i thought my sarcasm was apparent. my bad i guess. it's funny....IRL no one takes my comments seriously because i am always being a smartass, but on here it's reversed. oh well. all's good.

:)

while we're on it...a feedback compressor is intended to introduce harmonic content when pressed a little, yes? so, that makes it good for multiple instruments or even very lightly across a whole track? i guess a EDM track could withstand more of it, but for typical rock a touch of it isn't a ridiculous idea...? it sounds good atm. i replaced the stock comp (the one you heard yesterday) with this one, but giving the same amount of g red.

Ok looking at your pic obviously peak vs rms is ruled out.

The visual readout shows a ratio which gets steeper as it goes which, I'm totally guessing, is related to peak crest?
But I doubt yours is set up that way; It would have the opposite effect.

IDK. Stumped man. Never saw a pic of the other compressor, all the same.

Just suggesting that when one writes sarcastically the vocal and facial cues aren't there to confirm it. If Andrisuhkwit implied sarcasm it may not have been, successfully, inferred.

Just suggesting that when one writes sarcastically the vocal and facial cues aren't there to confirm it. If Andrisuhkwit implied sarcasm it may not have been, successfully, inferred.
Hehe.....I knew what you meant. I was sort of re-enforcing your point, using sarcasm. :D

^^^What the hell's THAT supposed to mean?

/s

---------- Update ----------

Nah, I don't like it. Takes away the whole "Is he serious?" edge. :D

...Nah, I don't like it. Takes away the whole "Is he serious?" edge. :D

...which leads to me lookin like a turd for no reason. /S from now on!!!

so what's the verdict here... the comp seems to have some algorithm that detects the incoming signal "later" than others? Or perhaps it's the stock comp that is picking it up "sooner"/lower level than others. Didn't think of that option until now. Though the other seems more likely. I've realized that since HR does a good job with Google search results, I don't want to have this thread pop up stating false claims about TDR's product.

If anyone else wants to weigh in, or have me test it out in other ways, let me know. thnx

Oh yeah, that. I don't know, I lost interest.

But I will say that I do remember A/B'ing limiters and was able to A/B a few without having any "matching" problems. Some pumped more than others, they didn't all sound the same, etc... But they all did react pretty the same to identical ratios and thresholds, which is why I still think there's something that you're over-looking either in what the meters are telling you or....something.

it's possible. i combed over it all, but no doubt there's something i'm overlooking. if anyone thinks of something just let me know and i'll check it out again

Can you post a pic of each comp as you have them set up?

eh, possibly tonight when I get home. I can tell you that I inserted it and then did the following:

1. set attack to fastest possible (0.01)
2. set release to around 100ms
3. set ratio to 1.7:1
4. set knee to 0
5. began lowering threshold

every other setting was at its default. FYI - using HR at home is difficult sometimes because my studio room is on the opposite side of the house as the WIFI, and the connection hardly works over there. I don't get on it on the weekends much, unless I'm on mobile.

Back