Song Recorded, Mixed & MASTERED entirely on Tascam DP24

SteveAlton

Hey All

Posted this in MP3...But I need clarity on the MASTERING aspect of this one....First time MASTERING...I left about 3-4 Db Headroom on mixdown...recorded at 16 Bit 44.1 HZ...(I know, I know...long story won't happen again).....Thoughts on the Mastering are what I'm looking for here

I forced myself to do a song entirely by myself on the TASCAM DP24 Digital Multi-track to see what I could actually do on my own and on my stand-alone unit only. (No Computer Mixing, editing or outboard Mastering)...This is the first song done on this unit completely on my own...

I wrote the song & I played all the Instruments...Acoustic Guitar Breedlove C-25 SME & used my KORG TRITON EXTREME for Drums, Keys, Bass, & Strings. I Sang the Lead Vocal along with the 3 part harmony on BGV's......Recorded, Mixed & Mastered completely & entirely on the DP24..

All opinions & thoughts on the Overall performance & Arrangement of the song & of course Mix & MASTERING are more than welcome....New arena for me self-recording, but I want to see where I'm at....

Song name is: "I Love To Love You"

Steve Altonian Songs | ReverbNation

No one is going to be able to even offer a comment without hearing the non-mastered mix...

And without hearing some sort of non-frotzed version -- I jumped around on the RN link and I - well, at least I sincerely hope that it didn't sound like that when you were working on it... Rather nasty MP3 artifacts all over the top...

Well...thx for the crit. I had to look up what you meant by Artifacts....Usually this is why I don't do my own stuff...But hey can't pay for ALL the songs I write to dress them up and use the PROS...

So I figured I'd try a few tunes myself.....It's a learning curve to be sure

thx

And it might be reasonably fine -- But again (A) it's impossible to tell without hearing the original mix and (B) it's hard to hear through all the "space monkeys" from the bad MP3 encoding at --- where ever it is.

(EDIT) Reverb Nation.

unfortunately the original mix is gone...i did a INSTRUMENTAL TRACK mixdown...the DP24 lets you keep one Master at a time...I just learned to save all work by transferring to the Computer....

I guess I could post the direct MP3 that i did...I use SWITCH SOUND FILE CONVERTER......

Last edited:
Back