Settings for Brass Band

kurme82

Hi

I work now since a few days to handle my brass records. But i don't really reach a satisfying result (for me).
Is there somebody who could help me get some basic settings, from which I can work further? (compressor, limiter, eq....)

Here are some Information about the records:

Brass Band:
Band with 30 People including cornet, fluegel, Euphonium, baritone, trombone, Eb-Horn and Percussion

Recording Place:
Mostly concert halls or the rehearsal room

Mics:
For recording in the rehearsal room, I use the Zoom H2n. Those, myself and the band players use for preparations before the "big" concert.

For the concerts, I use 2x Rode NT Mics (placed right and left),1x Audio-Technica Studio 20 AT2020 (placed in the middle of the orchestra) and one Stereo mic (placed in front of the orchestra, with the audience ). The whole thing goes through the M-Audio Fast Track Ultra into my Lap Top.

For editing I use Samplitude. (But I have also recently Cubase, for testing something new.)

I'm not sure if you're looking for mastering or mixing advice here -- But with either one, you do what the mix is asking you to do.

If you aren't happy with the EQ and dynamics, there's no preset -- You change what you need to change to get the mix from where it is to where you want it to be.

Back