Ozone 6 thoughts....

I personally only use the EQ section. The limiter is good for specific types of music but I rarely find myself reaching for it. The intersample peak detection is terrible - it does something to sound that I don't like. I do actually like the MBIT+ dither, though.

I prefer Ozone 5 to Ozone 6 simply because of the way the spectrum analyzer in the EQ functions. I like to be able to see the mid and side graphs together on the same page simultaneously in an overlapping fashion. As far as I can tell, Ozone 6 does not allow you to see them together in this way. The mid and side graphs have to be viewed separately by toggling between them. It's no good for me but also it is a personal preference.

I upgraded to 6 ... I like the idea nuetral color better and the ease of selecting modules upon load up ... sonically the same. I agree with some postings on how some modules can really mess up a tune ... the trick is to learn what needs done on a induvidual song ... at first you can easily over do it ... but eventually using small amounts can do wonders mastering a tune. I do like the mono and flip right/left channels. Also the stand alone is handy ... the neat thing can be load up an album project ..if one tune needs a small volume tweak or maybe a smudge less bottom ... add or take away the modules for each song ... once they gell together ... export

Back