Mixing advice needed for retro song (Piano+Vocal)

mastinodog

Hello, everybody !

Could you please advise me, what can I do to polish this old-time russian song?

Below are piano and vocal tracks synchronized. Piano is made with Pianissimo plugin, as for the vocal, it is just a dry signal.

Piano_demo.wav: http://www.divshare.com/download/12304008-259
Vocal_demo.wav: http://www.divshare.com/download/12304009-680

Do I have to apply noise reduction, normalization? What would be the low freq filter threshold and the slope? Do I have to EQ this vocal to make it sounding good with the piano? Do I need reverb or something like this? Whick volume level should I put for tracks ?

I have Waves plugins (Vocal, Mercury bundles), which of them would work for my purposes ?

Any help would be good, thank you very much !

...this old-time russian song

...which (Waves Plugin) would work for my purposes ?

Think real hard about this one. Which Waves plug should you use for an olde tyme retro song...? :D

The good news is your tracks sound great. Sum them together at the same volume, listen to it like that for a bit, and decide what it needs from there. My guess is it needs nothing (or close to it).

Think real hard about this one. Which Waves plug should you use for an olde tyme retro song...? :D

The good news is your tracks sound great. Sum them together at the same volume, listen to it like that for a bit, and decide what it needs from there. My guess is it needs nothing (or close to it).

Thank you.

I did a little mix with the piano and vocal track...If you like what I did I may be able to give you some mixing tips if you want them.

Attachments

• PV.mp3
    709 KB · Views: 19
You're talking about simply mixing. Mastering happens once the mixing is complete.

Very cool tune! But yes when you click on the Mastering Forum, ridght below "Because mastering is not mixing." ;)

I would first just put the two tracks at levels where you can hear each pretty well and then decide what needs to be done from there, whether its a touch of verb or some light EQing.

Mess around and experiment, you'll find something you like,
-Barrett

Very cool tune! But yes when you click on the Mastering Forum, ridght below "Because mastering is not mixing." ;)

I would first just put the two tracks at levels where you can hear each pretty well and then decide what needs to be done from there, whether its a touch of verb or some light EQing.

Mess around and experiment, you'll find something you like,
-Barrett

You stole my line , you line stealer you :spank:

Back