Mastering service suggestions?

Codyash

Hey guys, I'm finishing up an EP of mine and am wondering who you guys trust with mastering your mixes! I write indie rock style music if that makes any difference.
Let me know who you use!

I know of a fine place, but I hesitate to toot my own horn if I can help it. So, you're gonna have to guess.....

Massive gets a lot of referrals from this place and for good reason. He should be at the top of your list. He's right, he is not allowed to advertise his own services, but other members can do that for him.

Unfortunately, I'm more budget conscience and maybe I was a little too humble to send my garbage to him; I found a place called Sage Audio. I feel they did a good job with my material for a decent price. There are a lot of fly-by-night mastering studios out there, it's hard to discern the fakes and wannabes from the real deal. Price is usually a good indicator. Sage had a better rate than Massive, but they weren't fly-by-night gutter trash, either.

+1 for Massive.

It really does depend on your budget ... well, what you are willing to pay. Pay between $500 - $1000 at a reputable mastering house, and likely you'll be very happy. Or you can pay $100 - $200 for an Automated thingy like LANDR or e-mastering and get between 1/4 and 1/2 or 5/8 of the way there. Or you can learn to do it yourself and bang your head against the wall for a few years. I went for option #3, because I'm ridiculous. But there's a huge sense of accomplishment putting your tracks up against multi-million dollar releases and realizing "hey, I got into the ball park with this effort ... and there's popular stuff out there that sounds worse" ... even though I'd change everything if I did it again :laughings:

Back