Master CD MetaData Nightmare!

Pooyakhr

Hey friends,

I have a frustrating problem with master CD metadata. I am using Toast Titanium on my Mac to burn the master CD and when I am adding the wave track inside list, I am adding the Artist and Album infirmation for both CD and Tracks by double clicking on each track.

After cd is cooked (!) I tried it on couple of different Hi-Fi systems and CD played and all the information showd up as Unknown! :facepalm:

For your information, I am using a Samsung CD Burner to burn my CDs.

Any thoughts??

Have you tried adding the meta data to each song first? I use MP3 Tag. It is a free program and it has worked for me every time for individual files. However, I have never tried to use it to burn a CD.

If your player isn't reading CD-TEXT data, it isn't going to show. If it's grabbing data from various databases (like a typical computer or network player), it isn't going to see that data until it's actually been submitted and it's had a chance to propagate the system.

I haven't used Toast - But certainly make sure that it's actually writing the data -- And that your player can read it (by using a different disc that you know contains that data).

Back