Looping

Metroman47

Hello, I would be very appreciative of some help. I'm a solo acoustic guitarist/vocalist. I would like to use my tascam to create some guitar support. Some might call it looping, but not really in my case. I have laid down guitar tracks for entire songs so it will sound like 2 guitars. I don't really need to mix and master these tracks; they're ready to go. What steps do I go thru to get these tracks burned to a CD? The manual is not real helpful in this regard. Thanks for your consideration.

Thank you for responding Massive Master. But I have recorded a number of one-track songs (which have been titled). Now I simply want to select my songs from the list for burning to my cd. However these songs do not appear on the list because the manual says the following: "Evenif a song has been recorded, it will not appear in the list if a master track has not been recorded." I don't really need to master the songs, I just want to burn to my cd straight away. Is there a quick and easy way to get these song on the list without mixing or mastering?

Thank you for responding Massive Master. But I have recorded a number of one-track songs (which have been titled). Now I simply want to select my songs from the list for burning to my cd. However these songs do not appear on the list because the manual says the following: "Evenif a song has been recorded, it will not appear in the list if a master track has not been recorded." I don't really need to master the songs, I just want to burn to my cd straight away. Is there a quick and easy way to get these song on the list without mixing or mastering?

You don't mention the actual Tascam model you are using but if it's like most Tascam Portastudio's you do have to have a master track to create a song............but honestly..........creating a master is as easy as a couple buttons..........then hit "record"........wait till the song is done and that's it. You can do lot's more than that in the mastering step on a Tascam...........but you don't have to.

So, to reply to your first post - yes, you DO need to mix and master the tracks! What you have now are backing tracks that are separate and have not been combined into a 'song' that can be burned to disc.

Mike B,
You see right now I'm not looking to join tracks and mix and master them. I just want a rhythm guitar support on one track for each song that I perform. Think of it as a longer form of looping.

I have a 2488 neo . Can you tell me what those "couple of buttons" are before I use the record button? Thank you for your help.

Mike B,
You see right now I'm not looking to join tracks and mix and master them. I just want a rhythm guitar support on one track for each song that I perform. Think of it as a longer form of looping.

You have individual tracks. What you want are 'songs' (each song will be one of your backing tracks). See section 8 of the user manual - first you 'mixdown' to create a master track, you then burn that master track to a CD.

I think the thing that is confusing you is that you have only recorded a single guitar track for each song. So you don't think you need to mix or master it.

If you were using a computer daw, you would be correct. With your unit, you do have to 'mix' it and create a 'master track'. Hopefully, you recorded each song in its own session (instead of having a song on a separate track in the same session)

The only way to end up with a file that you can burn to a cd with your unit is to 'mix' the track to create a 'master file' that you can burn to the cd.

If you have all the parts for all the songs on separate tracks, but playing at the same time, you will need to mute all the tracks that you don't need in the mix.

Back