Looking for a Proper FadeOut--SayyYeah (Funk/Dance Groove)

soul-King

Good Morning Folks,

I hardly have any experience in mastering but I believe this question would fit this thread section. I would like to know your opinion on the ending of this song. For whatever reason I keep going back and forth between liking the fade-out and thinking its too soon. Is there any technique used for a sweet old school sounding analog fadeout or is this all just subjective?

-Also any tips on mastering the rest of the track would be great.

https://soundcloud.com/soul-king-6/sayyyeah-finalmixdraft-3-3-15-1144-pm

Good Morning Folks,

I hardly have any experience in mastering but I believe this question would fit this thread section. I would like to know your opinion on the ending of this song. For whatever reason I keep going back and forth between liking the fade-out and thinking its too soon. Is there any technique used for a sweet old school sounding analog fadeout or is this all just subjective?

-Also any tips on mastering the rest of the track would be great.

https://soundcloud.com/soul-king-6/sayyyeah-finalmixdraft-3-3-15-1144-pm

I don't know what software you are using, but sometimes using a different fade out profile works, for example if a linear fade does not work, try a different fade curve, like a slow fade getting quicker as it gets near the end, or a fast fade getting slower toward the end, or even a exp, sin or cos fade staring normal, speeding up then back to normal on the tail.

I have linked a demo for Samplitude to show how this works.

Alan.

thanks for the advice Alan! i finally settle on a fadeout...just using Garageband for this one atm..finally finished the track and looking someone to master to perfection.

thanks for the advice Alan! i finally settle on a fadeout...just using Garageband for this one atm..finally finished the track and looking someone to master to perfection.

Just some advice, fadeouts should be done at the mastering stage, by all means work out what fade out you want and then tell the mastering engineer.

Alan.

Back