ISRC in Reaper

Big Mike B

A band that I play for has just recorded a new single (my first recording with them). They're happy with the mix and master, but I've been told to wait to get the ISRC to attach it the track. Does Reaper allow adding ISRCs to tracks?

P.S. I'm relatively new to this all this metadata stuff, it's my first "official" recording.

Hi Mike,
The isrc is written to disc rather than to the wav file.
Look for burning software that supports it, like toast.

So I can go ahead and render the .wav?
How does this translate to online services, like Spotify? I think my band uses DistroKid.

The single is to be played live on Saturday night, then it's gonna be officially released and uploaded to streaming services through DistroKid (as far as I know).

Most online distributors require you to manually enter the ISRC's when uploading tracks. If you're creating a master copy (whether CD-R, DDP, bin/cue, etc.), make sure those codes are entered in whatever authoring program you're using.

I *assume* Reaper allows for this, as I understand it will author and even load back DDP.

You can use ddptools with Reaper to create a DDP 2.0 file set that includes ISRC codes, but getting that burned onto a disc is trickier. I've found that Nero 6 can burn CDs that retain all the text contained in the DDP files. Unfortunately it's an old version.

I hear you can submit info to CDDB/Gracenote through Winamp. This is something I also need to do so I'll let you know if it works out. I think it does take some time to propagate through the system so I don't know if it will be live when your song is released.

Back