IK Stealth Limiter

Jimham70

After much research I've decided to buy the Stealth Limiter. Since I already have the T-rackS 3 Deluxe bundle, it will work in my stand alone suite or in my DAW. Couldn't find any posts here about this VST ... so I wondered if anyone was using it?

IK Multimedia's Stealth Limiter is one of my favorite master channel limiters. It is very easy to setup and transparent. The mode options are also a welcome addition.

With that said, I tend to use PSP Audioware's Xenon the most on the master channel. However, I would be more than happy with only the Stealth Limiter, if I did not own licenses to other options.

If I need a limiter for a track or buss channel, I lean towards the Brainworx bx_limiter or use the limiter contain within a channel strip plugin.

Before buying the Stealth Limiter I tried the Waves L1 .... don't like it. Studio One has a native Limiter that works well. T-rackS includes 2 other Limiters in my Deluxe3 bundle plus a Clipper and they all work better than the L1. Fab Filter and Izotope both seem to get good reviews too.

Should have given some of Waves newer limits a chance. The L1 is quite old (I can remembering using it in the late 90s). Still need to demo Stealth Limiter, however. My current favourite is Tone Boosters Barricade, extremely good value for money on that one.

I use Waves L3 a lot. It can often be found on sale as a standalone for $99-$149. It's also part of a regularly discounted bundle for $149.

Back