I don't know where to start!

Okay great! I'll give it a go a bit later. I'll do a before and after and perhaps you (or anyone else) can tell me how it sounds?

Thanks.

To add a question to this everyone is saying to just slap a limiter on on the output bus and brick wall that bad boy until it's as loud as you want it but when I do that I get a lot of unwanted noise and distortion. Is that just the good with the bad or is a problem with the mix?

It depends. Assuming you are using a limiter that is designed with mastering in mind, your mixes might just be too dynamic to be able to get the final volume you want out.of it.

Not all mixes have the same potential loudness.

Without a doubt I usually have a lot of dynamics. I normally mix the drums with alot of punch and low end on the kick and Tom's. But I mix my own music how I want to hear it and that may not be what someone else would want. Kids these days want their music to be loud as crap and still have a perceived dynamic range. So maybe I need to tame down the dynamics and focus on just getting everything to just sit in a mix without anything to flashy.

Back