How to boost music from a live recording?

Hibiki Itano

My friends and audiences had recorded many of my live performance, but most of them are pretty noisy. I tried to cut and refine the sounds by boosting the middle in EQ but it doesn't work really well.
Any tips?
P/S: I've just worked on this one but the talking voice at the begining really pisses me off. Notice the rattle sounds made by cups, bowls and etc... are sounded in the recording all the time. I know there should be way to cut them off.
https://soundcloud.com/hibikiitano/i-believe-my-sassy-girl-ost

I didn't actually listen. The right answer is to not hope for much from some cellphone (or similar half-assed fan driven) capture. If you want a live recording, then pick the room, spend time on microphone placement and get yourself a proper live recording. Otherwise, just do your best to make them sound ok and embrace the fact that they are "bootlegs".

I mean, you could spend a bunch of money on fancy software and get deep into forensic-level audio restoration, and I suppose that could be good practice. You'd probably learn a lot about the tools, audio in general, and what can and can't be accomplished. I suspect the biggest lesson would be that the only way to get a final product that sounds good is to start with source tracks that sound good.

The vocal sounds pretty hot around 500 and the ssess' zip like crazy, but I think the background stuff is going to be what it is.

Broad-spectrum noise in your original recording is always going to be tough if not impossible to get rid of. If you somehow find a way, let me know!

For a bootleg though, you've got a pretty clean track. If you want better results, you'll want to look into capturing the mix directly from the board.

I agree with whats said. If you want a cleaner recording, then set it up properly before the show.. otherwise record it off the board.

I like your song.. the vocalist has great pitch for a live gig.

Back