Help With Wavelab Please.

Bguzaldo

So I just bought wavelab elements 8 by Steinberg and I'm having some latency issues when I use the mastering plugins with non mastering plugins, like when I use the Peak Master with the Studio EQ all kinds of phasing can be heard.

I've searched the manual pretty thoroughly; it says latency is not important in wavelab elements....? I'm not an experienced mastering engineer and this is my first purchase of any actual mastering software so maybe this is typical but I find it impossible to work on music when its all phasey and jacked up.

"While a very low latency can be crucial in a
real-time DAW application such as Steinberg Nuendo or Cubase, this
is not strictly the case with WaveLab Elements.
When working with WaveLab Elements, the important issues are
optimum and stable playback and editing precision. You should not try
to reach the lowest possible latency figures."

The only workaround I've found so far is to render the file with the regular plugins then add the mastering plugins on top of that which I'm not a fan of.

Any insight/advice would be greatly appreciated,
-Barrett

I'm having a hard time figuring out how you would have it set up in such a way that phasing could occur. How are you getting a parallel signal to the one being processed.

Latency shouldn't be an issue because it isn't a DAW and you don't perform anything into it.

it is normal, to hear latency as you solo FX's in wavelab.....
but that does not effect the final processing

your question is not thorough enough to make sense.

ideally,
you apply any NON mastering effects you want on your mix, at the MIXING stage..

you should be outputting AT LEAST a 24 bit non-dithered stereo wav file of your BEST MIX.....

bring that into wavelab....

and build your bank of mastering effects,

USING THE LEAST AMOUNT OF EFFECTS TO GET THE JOB DONE.

with dither on the very end, i use WAVES L2 to do my dithering.....

Back