Help! Need Some Advice

jcsanchez

Hello, everyone:
It has been a while since I posted something. I need your advice. I was used to use the Tascam 2488 NEO. Recently, I've been experimenting with Cubase AI5 looking for a better sound on the finished product. I have been struggling getting the best EQ parameters for my songs; either they sound too muddy or too thin. Attached is one of those songs. Can I get some feedback on what I can do in order to get a better sound?
I would appreciate your input.

View attachment I Need You.mp3

[This may sound harsh - I don't mean it to - and the MP3 clinic is probably where to go on this one]

This is something that needs to be addressed at the FIRST step - it's not going to be fixed at the very LAST step.

None of these core sounds belong together. Nothing in there has any 'beef'. The drums sound like they were coming through a telephone. There's almost no low end in there at all except for a little (LITTLE) rumble in the bass. The vocals are reasonably clear, but there's no weight to them. I'm not even certain there's a kick drum in there. There's no sparkly top either -- Even in the keyboard pads (which is strange, as there's usually too much).

I could go on, but I assume you get the idea here. It's not a "little nip & tuck" (which is what would typically be happening during the mastering phase). This is major surgery on each individual element - if it can be fixed at all (as I don't know the difference between the core sounds before and after the mixing phase).

[/harsh]

Hello, everyone:
It has been a while since I posted something. I need your advice. I was used to use the Tascam 2488 NEO. Recently, I've been experimenting with Cubase AI5 looking for a better sound on the finished product. I have been struggling getting the best EQ parameters for my songs; either they sound too muddy or too thin. Attached is one of those songs. Can I get some feedback on what I can do in order to get a better sound?
I would appreciate your input.

View attachment 93713

use real guitars

Back