hello I need your help to check if my complete mastering is good enogh

psykick1

SoundCloud Mobile
I just finish a fullon psytrance track, If can producers tell if the sound is good enogh, please focua only on the sound, im spending alot of time to listen to it again and again, and cant underastand if my sound is good. Thanks for helpers.

Besides the fact that this most probably isn't even a mastering question. This probably should go into the MP3 Clinic. I'm sure the word "mastering" is being used instead of "mixing".

The mix sounds good to you?

I didn't listen because you put this in the mastering section. Since mixing and mastering are not the same thing, and since it's impossible to tell how good a mastering job is without hearing the un-mastered version, too, I thought it would be a waste of time to listen since I wouldn't be able to comment on the mastering job. Capiche?

I'm with Rami.

THAT SAID -- I had a listen. It's on SoundCloud -- It's almost impossible to comment on anyway. There's no defined low end, there's a very 'puffy' top, the image is "wide" but very "2D" at the same time.

Now this could all be because the mix is that way -- Or this could be because of the low-resolution of SoundCloud...

soundcloud allows DOWNLOADING

if you upload a WAV file, you can also download the same file....

the streaming (what john is referencing) is better than most, but still sux

SoundCloud Mobile
I just finish a fullon psytrance track, If can producers tell if the sound is good enogh, please focua only on the sound, im spending alot of time to listen to it again and again, and cant underastand if my sound is good. Thanks for helpers.

I'm more into acoustic productions rather than electronic ones, but I do electronic productions as well. I just listened to your mix through several of my playback systems, one of them is extremely brutal in finding weak spots in the sound. Here is what could be improved.

- High end too loud, a little harsh
- Stereo image a little too narrow
- Low end a little too loud in the upper low frequency band, a little too quiet elsewhere
- Low mid range a bit too quiet

I think you can work on relaxing the mix a little and make the ultra low end and ultra high end slightly louder and work on enhancing the width and depth a little more by balancing the frequency bands starting from around maybe 600Hz and downwards (get some of the signal from the high end), you can work on the depth issue by adding gain to the right bands (especially on tracks panned center). Please also focus on the high end, especially the hi-hat, for some reason my playback systems reproduced those as rather harsh on several of my playback systems. So try to relax the mix first of all in order to entirely remove it from the transient harsh zone. Then work on re-balancing the bands from 600Hz and downwards with focus on depth and rhythm - all low frequency transients from the rhythm cutting through well, do this on individual instrument track level (in freq band solo mode too) not on a bigger scope/not only in the context. Consider using a different hi-hat when possible, it is quite noisy.

But overall I found more issues in the production rather than in the sound.

There are of course positive elements of your mix too, now I was just brutally pointing on what I found could be further optimized. I hope my feedback can be of help.

Last edited:
How do you "relax the mix"?

I'm thinking soothing music, a pina colada, mebbe a massage?

Dewar's on the rocks,,,,

Ok on my crappy Altecs 100 computer speakers it sound Fine , low on the bass, the highs doesn't hurt my ears and turned up full volume the dog didn't run out of the room........For what ever that's worth.

Just listened to your track on Soundcloud...but only with my PC desk top speakers....so can't really critique the track but found it fascinating...its amazing what the human brain can conceive sonically... well done in my opinion...even though I could only listen to about 30 seconds of it....but hey, I'm retired and still try to be open minded...
How long did it take you to put that together ??? sounds like a lot of intricate work with timing and sequencing..
Nice Job...keep it up !

Back