Which effect to use for reducing stereo spread?

michelkeijzers

I have a synthesizer and I have a stereo sound that needs to have reduced stereo spread. I only can use an onboard synthesizer effect for that, and I was wondering if there is an effect known by mixing/mastering to use for this?

It sounds like you are looking for a stereo imaging plugin. There are free ones you can download if your DAW doesn't have one.

It sounds like you are looking for a stereo imaging plugin. There are free ones you can download if your DAW doesn't have one.

Thanks, but I'm looking for an internal synthesizer effect. From anothe3r source I got already the idea to use a delay set to 0 delay with stereo spreading parameters.

However, your answer might help other people using a DAW, so thanks!

Are you playing it live or recording it?

If live - use two mono inputs on the mixer and plan them to your taste (don't use a stereo channel).

If recording - record two mono channels and pan them to your taste (don't use a stereo channel).

If neither - I've had a look at the manual for the Kronos and there doesnt seem to be a global control for stereo width.

Hope this helps!

This is in the wrong sub-forum, not a mastering question.

I'm using it live, and I'm not even using a mixer (at least not an external mixer).
However, the solution is in using an effect for controlling the stereo width.

Sorry for putting it in the wrong section and thanks a lot for your insight.

Back