2nd song I like a critique on please

Sad...but I like it. Your vocal is panned hard left and right (no center feel) and that seems to compliment the mood nicely...........until the drums come in and guitars....etc..........and then the vocals kind of wash out and it's difficult to understand the lyrics at times because of that. You might consider moving the vocals more center.........with a touch of high end added.........and leaving the other tracks fully panned left and right. Or vice versa. You absolutely have the makings of something special for sure but the words are the feature and you're not bringing them out enough........IMO. My 2 cents.

Good point, I listened to it without the singing and thought that when the drums came in that it was just right but the vocals do get a bit lost so I upped them a bit just forvery the heavy stuff. Had not thought of the panning though. Cheers.

just my opinion, but:

pitch correct the vocals. they get flat too often and it is noticeable.

back off the vocal reverb or at least set the pre-delay to a higher number so that the vocals come through before being drowned in reverb. try 20ms or so.

pan the main vocal track in the center and let the reverb give you width. maybe even add a delay and pan it wide if you want more width.

aside from that, i like the tune and i could see it being used in a movie somewhere. very cool vibe.

The vocals are often buried, the vocal effect is cool, but over the whole tune its too much. I'd alternate it with some straight sounding vocals. That whispering vocal style gets lost easily, you really have to have it compressed/limited just right. The rest of the tune is cool, good emotion to it.

Thanks, I have panned the vocals into the center and it brings it out more and I agree about the reverb. Biggest problem is my vocals in general, I am no singer, I can do some more pitch correction but I have also noticed a few annoying clicks etc so I will try and do the vocals again. All good fun.

Back