YouTube Channels That Give Music Tutorials?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a guy that's gonna be here any minute to actually record actual guitar sounds through actual amps with actual microphones to actual drum tracks played by an actual person, so yall have fun. I'll catch up later. :cool: < sunglasses

P.S. - Sorry, there will be no video.

I don't know, that looks like pimping promotion. Just to be clear, it doesn't bother me. This is the attention-whoring promotion section of the site, so you're in the right area for self-promotion. But don't act like you weren't looking to promote yourself, because that's clearly why you're here and have not made one single post anywhere but this thread. And again, it's fine. That's what this section is for. Just save the phony altruism. Besides the silly sunglasses, that's really why people have pounced. To this site's credit, the bullshit detector in here is finely tuned and very sensitive.

Your right I haven't been posting in other sections, because I created this thread so people could have a place to speak out about music tutorials on YT or their specific channels. No MY channel but OUR channels. It wouldn't make much sense to start a thread like that and not post my channel.

Some simple math, 10 people have posted here, every single one watches my video twice and I get a whopping 20 views! wow thats amazing lol

I love that people have pounced it has created a conversation, and when it comes to the time I have for forums right now this one thread takes up all the time I have I understand its hard to get that I'm not here to promote myself but I think looking at the basic math of it would point to the fact I'm not. I have been told multiple times that "trillions" of people have came here to show their channels or their videos and have been bullied away. Imagine how great it would be if they had a thread to come to where they could speak freely about their channels and their favorite channels/videos. That's why I'm here.

I think there is a weird unspoken rule here where if you have been here for 5-10 years and have 10k+ posts then your a "real" musician or have "real" advice. I think we all have good advice, I have checked out everyones music here if they link it. I have checked out your soundcloud and reverbnation and you have an amazing guitar tone. Great sounding covers as well on your SC. I just stand firm in my position that just because we all arent from the same generation, or same genre or haven't been doing it as long doesnt mean that we don't have advice thats worth something.

I am also a filmmaker so its makes sense that I would do video, you posting a thread isn't "promoting your soundcloud" but me posting a thread with a video is somehow. They are both linked to a separate site. If people keep responding, Ill keep responding. This has been a great learning experience and I have gotten golden tips snuck in all of this chaos haha

Well my guy isn't here yet so I'll respond.

Your points are almost valid, if not insincere, except the stupid childish bullying part. This site has been plagued with drive-by's pretty much since the inception of youtube. Click seekers. They just want page hits. They plop a video and never return. Some of them, as you have, claim to really wanna be a part of this community. Where are they? Many of them recently have been the "Can I sing" types. Do they get bullied away? Maybe sometimes. They often tend to deserve it because this weak insecure easily offended current social media culture sucks. It's not about post counts or genres. This site does have all kinds, though much less of everything than it used to. The suspicion comes from a long history of shadiness, and the simple fact that you haven't shown anything. Any fool (except me) can make a video and put it on youtube. If you have advice or proof that you know what the fuck you're talking about, please do share. In 47 posts you've shown nothing but a willingness to troll.

so, now my guy is here. He just pulled up. See ya.

You can't see my stomach or my belly button...you're just making that up to try and come up with some cheap dig
Your shirt is unbuttoned down past your chest, last I checked unless your nipples are hanging the next body part is your stomach :thumbs up:
Also it almost like coming up with a cheap dig like "Since your wearing sunglasses you could never have good advice" lol the hypocrisy is my favorite parts about these posts miro, I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks

AFA your website and channel...I was just driving by, so I couldn't help but look at the car wreck.

Trying to insult my webpage, when its information is up to date. Has all my services, links to my music, videos and is not making claims it doesn't back up, is hard to do from someone with none of that on their site. Oh sorry, there are two YT videos of some guy playing guitar with a belly shirt ;)

You won't see any money from that. ;)

I do see money from it, if your struggling to see money from your home studio I have a great video that can help you get started making some money for yourself Miroslav. Its called How To Make Money In A Home Studio, I think you could find it somewhere on this thread. Oh wait you've already watched all my new videos, you know where to go.

Well my guy isn't here yet so I'll respond.

Your points are almost valid, if not insincere, except the stupid childish bullying part. This site has been plagued with drive-by's pretty much since the inception of youtube. Click seekers. They just want page hits. They plop a video and never return. Some of them, as you have, claim to really wanna be a part of this community. Where are they? Many of them recently have been the "Can I sing" types. Do they get bullied away? Maybe sometimes. They often tend to deserve it because this weak insecure easily offended current social media culture sucks. It's not about post counts or genres. This site does have all kinds, though much less of everything than it used to. The suspicion comes from a long history of shadiness, and the simple fact that you haven't shown anything. Any fool (except me) can make a video and put it on youtube. If you have advice or proof that you know what the fuck you're talking about, please do share. In 47 posts you've shown nothing but a willingness to troll.

so, now my guy is here. He just pulled up. See ya.

lol when I did post my music you got very upset claiming you weren't calling me out. Its not trolling if I am still here trying to get people to talk about videos if anything trolling would be "your wearing sunglasses to be cool" lol what does that have to do with music and what does that add?

I think people don't understand if I made that same video but started it out like " hey here is how you make money in a home studio for proof here is my bank statement" that is way worse.

by the childish bullying do you mean, my comment of saying people have been bullied away? or my comments that could seem like I'm bullying? just want to be clear because someone else on this thread said people were bullied away and Im pretty sure backhanded statement like "to actually record actual guitar sounds through actual amps with actual microphones to actual drum tracks played by an actual person" is considered playful bullying just like what miro and I have been doing. lol I too will be actually recording, real music today.

If I seemed insincere thats weird, I really did mean you have a great guitar tone, and great covers.

JP, at some point you'll just have to walk away. Greg and Miroslav enjoy this sort of thing a little too much. Greg's "guy" is really Chubs, his one eyed "client" who gets the same loving treatment everyone else does who corresponds with him on the forum. Beats it like it owes him money. ;) This banter only makes Chubs rowdier. Now that you've lost your lunch, time to go scrounge up some food and come back when this thread has cooled.

Yes, I'm awesome and everything I post is awesome. You don't have to tell me. I know. I know. :D

JP, at some point you'll just have to walk away. Greg and Miroslav enjoy this sort of thing a little too much. Greg's "guy" is really Chubs, his one eyed "client" who gets the same loving treatment everyone else does who corresponds with him on the forum. Beats it like it owes him money. ;) This banter only makes Chubs rowdier. Now that you've lost your lunch, time to go scrounge up some food and come back when this thread has cooled.

Yes, I'm awesome and everything I post is awesome. You don't have to tell me. I know. I know. :D

:facepalm: :laughings:

... to actually record actual guitar sounds through actual amps with actual microphones to actual drum tracks played by an actual person...

It's funny how any time someone says this here...you always have some people who get defensive because they've rarely done those things, if ever.
Actually recording instruments VS simply mixing synth samples and canned beats are not the same thing....and that is what it is.

I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks

Naa...the old dogs already know all the tricks...but the young pups always think they've found something new.

Not sure where or how or why...but you seem to be under some misguided impression that there's some kind of competition here between us...my videos VS yours. my website VS yours, etc.. :facepalm: :D

The stuff you're doing doesn't even register on my radar...and I don't say that as a personal shot...just that I don't see much value in that same-old beats/blogs stuff that seems to be so interesting to the millennial crowd....not to mention, there's always been something fake-ish about a white boy doing beats and trying to sound like he's from da 'hood...
...but that's just me.

Besides that...beat making in general these days is the most overplayed, overdone stuff cluttering the internet (regardless who's doing it) of any genre,...because it's easy to make beats, and everyone is doing it 10 minutes after installing their first DAW app.
The software these days quickly allows total newbs to think they are "engineers" and "producers"...just like a 12 year-old can run a video camera these days and post car karaoke shit or podcasts from their bedroom. It doesn't mean he's a "filmmaker".
There's just nothing all that special about it...and the flood of YT 1st person videos is proof of that....though occasionally you do see some really interesting, creative stuff, but it doesn't compare to the amount of mindless fluff on the interwebs.

AFA my studio, etc...does it look to you like I need to make money doing YT videos and mixing beats? ;)

JP, at some point you'll just have to walk away. Greg and Miroslav enjoy this sort of thing a little too much.

Now that you've lost your lunch, time to go scrounge up some food and come back when this thread has cooled.

Oh c'mon...who are you kidding. :D
If this thread "cools" you'll be able to stick a knife it, as there won't be anything else worth talking about.

Do you really think there was/is something of any weight in the video that started the thread worth talking about?
If there was...I didn't see you or anyone else making any effort to flush it out.
At least when I mentioned the sunglasses...the thread became interesting and amusing...hence all the posts. :)

This thread reminds me of a scene from the movie True Romance. The Sicilian scene, where Christopher Walken says;
"This is like the game of 'show and tell' you tell me everything, but show me nothing"
:D

Great movie...great scene. :)
Hopper was superb as always...and it's one of the few Slater movies where he rose to the occasion and did a top-notch job.
I always had a thing for Patricia Arquette...she's so innocently cute yet so deliciously round and sexy at the same time.

Everyone in it was great. What a cast!
Not being a check the credits kind of guy, I saw it two times before I realized Gary Oldman played the wigger.
Great movie.
:D

If I seemed insincere thats weird,
It's not weird at all. You are insincere.

That was stupid, even for you. But you like to follow me around and you gave it a solid try. Do you feel better now?

It's funny how any time someone says this here...you always have some people who get defensive because they've rarely done those things, if ever.
Actually recording instruments VS simply mixing synth samples and canned beats are not the same thing....and that is what it is.

Its like a broken record, again stating I have never recorded anything. lol its ok miro, I'm sure in 8 years when you release more music it will be as good as zeppelin.
also "canned" beats? oh and your right one is called recording, one is called mixing thats the difference.

Naa...the old dogs already know all the tricks...but the young pups always think they've found something new.
Yeah I forgot only the old dogs brought any innovation, by knowing all the tricks.
I mean when zeppelin formed they were all early twenties, what about the beatles? oh yeah not even 20. hmmm I wonder about metallica? oh also early twenties lol I forgot they brought no "new tricks" just young pups making noise

Not sure where or how or why...but you seem to be under some misguided impression that there's some kind of competition here between us...my videos VS yours. my website VS yours, etc..

Never been a competiton, just saying if your gonna point the finger better to point it back at yourself. It can show you some things.

there's always been something fake-ish about a white boy doing beats and trying to sound like he's from da 'hood...
haha I don't think you have ever nor will you ever hear me say anything where I'm trying to sound like I'm from "da hood" I understand all older people think anything with an 808 immediately means "gansgsta rap" but I can assure you I'm not from "da hood" and a white boy doing beats? haha I don't sell instrumentals, Im sure you know that after looking at my website ;)

Besides that...beat making in general these days is the most overplayed, overdone stuff cluttering the internet (regardless who's doing it) of any genre
I know its crazy man, I agree I wish more people would record actual instruments, with actual people into actual microphones

...because it's easy to make beats, and everyone is doing it 10 minutes after installing their first DAW app.
I know it is so easy, I still wonder why people play to pre recorded backing tracks when they could record one themselves in their crazy nice studio in 10 minutes. Im glad Im not a "beat maker"

There's just nothing all that special about it...

God, I know its like when everyone was posting guitar videos, back in 2006-2007 after guitar hero came out.

AFA my studio, etc...does it look to you like I need to make money doing YT videos and mixing beats? ;)

Not sure, I mean your site states
"COSMIC COWBOY STUDIOS - Burlingham, NY
(Currently used only for personal recording sessions)"
so its either not your studio, you use only for you or more confusing information on the site lol

also I mean geez if I had that much gear I would be releasing music all the time not just every 8 years. ;) You must be a master musician.
oh and to get it clear, my video doesn't explain how to make money doing youtube videos, just how to start making some money with a home studio. Not sure if you have seen it or not just wanted to clarify if your interested in starting the process to learn that sort of thing

Do you really think there was/is something of any weight in the video that started the thread worth talking about?
If there was...I didn't see you or anyone else making any effort to flush it out.

Yeah Pinky, didn't you know the only one here with any real experience is Miro here, I mean geez compared to me hes a genuis. I mean his tip of "bringing water to the studio" changed my life. I used to get so thirsty and I could never think of anyway to fix it lol

Again its all fun and games, Pinky. I will be hear as long as people keeping writing back. I have never let something on a forum from people trying to bully effect me. I love debating, or arguing, or poking fun especially with Miro just because I always write a lot but once you get a soft spot with Miro he really gets talking lol he reminds me of one of my good friends, we both are stubborn and always have something to say back

Dood (JP), you need to chill out. This is a community of those who 'record' at home. Many with a shit ton of knowledge that will have a bit of a time messing with a guy like you that refuses to understand why they are picking at you. If you don't get it, then why continue to take bait or add to the fire? That is coming across as very troll-like.

Let it go if you truly wish to be a contributing member here. Arguing does not seem to be doing you any favors. Well, except for the few Youtube hits you have now. lol

Seriously, if you feel you have something to offer this community-and I believe you likely do-don't spend your time in one silly thread. Spread your knowledge around the forum and show what you have to offer. Or learn from others if that is something you would be keen to doing. I recommend it and have learned a shit-ton from members here. Still do.

Your call. Btw, one of the first things I would suggest to a new studio owner trying to make money would be 'don't make yourself out to be an arrogant/argumentative dick on a public forum'. Just saying...

Cheers!

And notice I didn't take your bait in your reply to my first post here? Trying to be moderate...

Dood (JP), you need to chill out. This is a community of those who 'record' at home. Many with a shit ton of knowledge that will have a bit of a time messing with a guy like you that refuses to understand why they are picking at you. If you don't get it, then why continue to take bait or add to the fire? That is coming across as very troll-like.

Let it go if you truly wish to be a contributing member here. Arguing does not seem to be doing you any favors. Well, except for the few Youtube hits you have now. lol

Seriously, if you feel you have something to offer this community-and I believe you likely do-don't spend your time in one silly thread. Spread your knowledge around the forum and show what you have to offer. Or learn from others if that is something you would be keen to doing. I recommend it and have learned a shit-ton from members here. Still do.

Your call. Btw, one of the first things I would suggest to a new studio owner trying to make money would be 'don't make yourself out to be an arrogant/argumentative dick on a public forum'. Just saying...

Cheers!

And notice I didn't take your bait in your reply to my first post here? Trying to be moderate...

Thanks jimmy69, I think people mistake me breaking down the points that people are throwing at me and respsonding with getting upset.

I think the coin is two sided as well, if I wouldn't of stood up for myself and kept adding fuel to the fire then I would of just been walked over and easily bullied, yet if I do continue to debate my points then I am being a troll.

Yeah the back and forth with me and Miro, has gotten a little out of hand but I mean if he is going to dish it like that, so will I. Its just who I am, I think there is a chance he would agree that we are just messing around with each other, and sure its gotten funny and might seem "ugly" to people reading but its not like we have gotten nasty or said anything super crazy ex: "F*** you mother f***er your moms a b**** and she loved it last night" lol like I see ALOT of forums go to. I think we are still in the boundaries of having fun

I agree it wouldnt be good to make yourself look like a dick on a public forum, but also wouldn't be good to be a pushover on a public forum either. I have been polite, joking and letting people know exactly what I have learned from them and how I appreciate their comments. It might look insincere but certain people thrive in enviorments where people are picking them apart, thats me. I can learn a ton while at the same time having my own fun by picking the people apart who are trying to mess with me lol

I agree you can learn alot here as well, I already have in this thread I can't even imagine other threads, and once this thread dies down I will definately go checking out the other threads to get some advice and learn some more, right now this thread takes all the time I can allocate to forums.

Thanks jimmy69, I think people mistake me breaking down the points that people are throwing at me and respsonding with getting upset.

I think the coin is two sided as well, if I wouldn't of stood up for myself and kept adding fuel to the fire then I would of just been walked over and easily bullied, yet if I do continue to debate my points then I am being a troll.

Yeah the back and forth with me and Miro, has gotten a little out of hand but I mean if he is going to dish it like that, so will I. Its just who I am, I think there is a chance he would agree that we are just messing around with each other, and sure its gotten funny and might seem "ugly" to people reading but its not like we have gotten nasty or said anything super crazy ex: "F*** you mother f***er your moms a b**** and she loved it last night" lol like I see ALOT of forums go to. I think we are still in the boundaries of having fun

I agree it wouldnt be good to make yourself look like a dick on a public forum, but also wouldn't be good to be a pushover on a public forum either. I have been polite, joking and letting people know exactly what I have learned from them and how I appreciate their comments. It might look insincere but certain people thrive in enviorments where people are picking them apart, thats me. I can learn a ton while at the same time having my own fun by picking the people apart who are trying to mess with me lol

I agree you can learn alot here as well, I already have in this thread I can't even imagine other threads, and once this thread dies down I will definately go checking out the other threads to get some advice and learn some more, right now this thread takes all the time I can allocate to forums.

You and Miro have a lot in common in regards to having 'the last word'. Sorry guys, but I am going to take it this time.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back