Yamaha MD4S

kidsongs

Am considering buying the MD 4s. Anyone have any experience with it? I'll use it mainly for live gigs to mix live vox and guitar with song tracks. How easy is it to edit song order and transpose, edit arrangements?
thanks for your help

The MD4 is a good unit for what you are trying to accomplish. I recently sold my MD4 in order to upgrade for a larger unit more designed for studio use. However, for what you are looking to do the MD4 is great. It allows you to record on all 4 tracks simultaneously, editing features include track erase, song copy, song divide, and unlimited ping pong without loss of sound quality It also has the rest of the stuff you find on most four tracks. If this is your first step to digital, I would highly recommend. THe unit is easy to use, has good sound (despite data compression). problems are that when mixing down, the outputs are all analog and there are no digital outs (ie an optic cable) for running to a CD burner. However, if you are recording live and just making demo tapes, it will serve you well. I hope this helps.

Back