"Winter" (Vivaldi) by Electric Guitar Orchestra

Electric Guitar

Hi, my name is Luis and i´ve just started a new project: Electric Guitar Orchestra. The idea behind this is using electric instruments to recreate big orchestrations of classical music. I play all the instruments (included the intro song). Well, hope u enjoy and of course criticism is welcome. Feel free to comment or discuss about my first orchestration : "Winter" (Vivaldi).

Here´s the link.

Brilliant, I would not PRESUME to comment!
I really do think the 'classics' work well when done this way with taste. I was sucked into Bach in the early 70s by 'Switched on Bach' Walther Carlos. I am presently listening to TOCC& F in Dm by Jacques Loussier. (my son did Webber's "Variations' on bass G for a school exam) .

Your link led me to Tina S. 'Eff me! I am very familiar with Ludwigs Moonlight Sonata and that treatment of the 3rd movement was awesome. Dad was a fair pub pianist and could play the first movement but that's all!

What's next? Pictures at an Exhibition perhaps? Planets?

Dave.

AMAZING! I think the OC would be proud as well as amazed to hear your take on their composition.

I totally agree! I recall when S on Bach came out there were several 'long hairs' that thought it was sacrilege! From my meagre learnings about JSB and Beethoven they were ALWAYS unhappy with the restrictions of their instruments. Luddy especially wanted louder pianos!

I still listen regularly to 'proper' classical recitals. A week ago at the proms there was a complete performance of the Well Tempered Clavier book One. BOOOTIFUL!

A very great many people on this forum have never heard acoustical concerts of classics or jazz and really don't know what the inside of a concert hall sounds like. I have been to far too few and my present circumstances restricts me further but I hope to get to a few more before the mortal coil is shrugged!

For me, so long as there is Art and Taste and Comprehension, it does not matter HOW the music is produced.

Dave.

Hi, my name is Luis and i´ve just started a new project: Electric Guitar Orchestra. The idea behind this is using electric instruments to recreate big orchestrations of classical music. I play all the instruments (included the intro song). Well, hope u enjoy and of course criticism is welcome. Feel free to comment or discuss about my first orchestration : "Winter" (Vivaldi).

Here´s the link.

You should post the stems so we can have a stab at mixing. There's a few things I would definitely do different, though your mix is certainly serviceable.

Nice job, ambitious stuff.

Overall, great job. :thumbs up:

The only thing I don't care for are the very heavily distorted Metal guitar parts.
The distortion is real gritty and noisy sounding.

Vivaldi music is generally light and delicate, so the heavily distorted guitar is a rude distraction, IMO.
Maybe if you just toned down the distortion it would work better...the playing is fine.

Groovy man! How cool it would be to sit and watch a rock band pull this off live.... You're a damn fine player...

Thank you everybody for your kind comments. Yes, i agree that mixing can be done better, it was my first one!! :o. I hope i can improve in the future and offer better quality and im working hard in my mixing and recording skills :D.

Thank you again for your feedback

Back