What are the best sites to promote your music?

Obviously this falls on the genre you are making. There are some sites like GarageBand wich is not the best place for releasing your synth pop band for ex.
Even thou its a great site after all

lets forget all those trivial questions for now :cool: :) ... i just thought that a topic with a nice list of sites that provides this service would be a good idea
maybe.... :rolleyes:

So, wich are the best sites for you to promote/host music?

Let me start :rolleyes:

I still havent found a site as good as Soundlift
Its a great place to host your music and create a band page
There is also SoundClick, wich is nice

SoundofMind wrote:

I still havent found a site as good as Soundlift
Its a great place to host your music and create a band page
There is also SoundClick, wich is nice

Just a few questions...

Could you post links to these sites?
Are they free?
If any fees are required, what are they? (membership, file hosting, etc...)
What genre(s) are these sites best suited?

-Thanks

I think instead of promoting your music through other websites its better to create your own website for music promotion.Otherwise you can promote your music through social networking sites by creating your profile.One can also sell their CD's free of cost in exchange with their email address.
Music promotion through fliers and posters can also work to some extent.

One of the popular ways to sell your music or land in a record deal these days is to use the power of the internet. In fact, a lot of budding artists, singers and musicians are promoting their stuff online just to get noticed, create a fan base and of course, land on a record deal that is probably the ultimate goal of singers and artists.If you want to start to promote your music online, there are actually a lot of ways to do it. However, it is important that you have to be ready and well-prepared for everything. Keep in mind that even if you are starting online or in your own little ways, it is important that you have to think big. Don't just think about what you can offer but think about what record labels are looking for and think about what can make you get a good fan base even on the internet.

:spank:

Obviously this falls on the genre you are making. There are some sites like GarageBand wich is not the best place for releasing your synth pop band for ex.
Even thou its a great site after all

lets forget all those trivial questions for now :cool: :) ... i just thought that a topic with a nice list of sites that provides this service would be a good idea
maybe.... :rolleyes:

So, wich are the best sites for you to promote/host music?

If you are trying to promote your music, you can use social networking websites to promote your music effectively. There are different social networking sites exist out there and some of these websites such as like MySpace, Face book, and YouTube.

Back