Website thoughts?

bart2712

Ok, so I got a webhost and setup a site for my mixing/mastering company that I'm starting up.

Webhost is paid, but at the moment I have it setup to redirect to a nice looking site I made on wix.
I just kinda liked the look I could get on wix better, although I can also easily set something nice up directly on the webhost.

What I was wondering...for a professional look, would it be better to leave it as is?(so webhost redirects to wix on a nice looking site) Or should I work with wordpress and such directly on the webhost and use no redirect?

So you can check it out, here's a link to the site... outtatime

Well...you're paying for web hosting. Why did you do that if you were then going to redirect to the freebie site at Wix? :)
Basically...you are now paying for a redirect back to what you already had before.

Your site is OK, but it could use a bit more content/pages. Compare it to some other recording sites that are doing it commercially.

I think most people can easily see twhen it's a freebie sites (like Wix)...VS your own domain name and a hosted web service, which will come off more commercial/professional.

thx miro, that's the kind of input I was looking for. I actually setup the wix site after I paid for hosting. I had previously designed a wordpress site on a free host.
Bought the host trying to upgrade the old free site, but it turned out to be a whole new host...idk how that works.

But anyway, I saw other ppl had used wix so tried making a site there for the heck of it, and i kinda like the look of it better than wordpress.
I appreciate the input and will take it to heart...if I could ask, though, what kindof content do you think I should add?

Well...if you're running a commercial studio...maybe a page that showcases thre studio/gear...a page that talks about your "mojo" (what you do, how you do it)...a page for artists and music you've done...a page that covers your rates/booking info...etc.

You don't need 400 pages of content....just a few would do it, depending on how much you want to share.
Also, the way you have it now, with that overlay...when you scroll, it rides on top of that backgroun pic....just very hard and awkward on the eyes.

Here's the website of our local mastering guru, Massive Mastering:
Mastering - MASSIVE Mastering - Top quality analog and digital

Here's another one from our HR members, Fairview Recording:
Internet Mixing Studio | Audio Mixing | Online Mixing | Farview Recording

If you need more examples, go over the Gearslutz, as there are a lot of guys there who record commercially and have business websites.

thx a lot once again...im not running a commercial studio, just starting up as a business and looking to do mixing and mastering for paying clients from home. Working on a wordpress site now, will prolly have it done tomorrow or the next day, depending on how much else I end up having to do in between lol.

Well then keep it basic/simple...and add as much as you think is important for your start up biz web presence.

Back