(VIDEO) Live Sessions of various bands produced by me

ianopie

I'm a sound-"engineer" (or "senior sound technician" as they call here) student in Spain, and once a week we do live-sessions for local bands with lighting, cameras, F.O.H, recording, monitoring and stage miking (we are 30 persons in the classroom so we divide ourselves in those 6 groups), after individually we have to mix the audio and edit the videos to give it to the teacher.

Here are some of the bands that came this year. Hope you guys like it. Any critique, or question (regarding the setup, mics, instruments etc.) is welcome.

Metalcore - Djent - Electro

There is more in my channel but i can't post more than one video here :S

Sounds good!!! I'm hearing a lot of clicks and pops though.
Yep. Lot of that.

What's the story with the mix during the intro (before the song starts)? The kick in that section is all click, no body.

What's the synthesizer? It sounds a lot like SID (a la Machinae Supremacy).

The song in the intro is a song from the band. No idea about the samples :yawn:

The clicks in because we suspect that the Focusrite Octopre Platinum that we connect via ADAT to the Scarlett 18i20, the channels 3 and 4 are "broken" and produces this clicks and pops.

Thanks

Here are another live-session from the last week (the video is in private, as the band have to give us authorization to publish). This one is a death metal band.

Back