Video Cameras

geeq

I know that this topic does suit this site, but I don't know where to ask for advices on what video camera to buy. If you guys know any decent video cameras, please tell me :) I'm looking for a top-quality video camera, decent enough to make a music video :) I could spend around $2000 for it. Do you guys know the difference between MiniDV and MicroMV? Which is better? What brand should I buy and what model? Please.. Please.. I need your advices asap :) Thanks

GeE-Q

It's been a year since I looked, but Sony and JVC made the best $1000 DV cameras... don't remember the differences between the types, but anything DV nowadays should work fine.

I don't typically recommend Canon products (my printer's okay :p, but otherwise I find they're usually overpriced).

Between the (2) Sony's, the trv950 has more manual features and awesome 150x digital zoom (if I read the specs right), but didn't have the nifty 2.5" LCD...

They're certainly comparable cameras, for music video filming, go with the dcrvx2000 for the simple fact it will be easier to use and about the same quality.

But I'm no expert, that's just my opinion after giving each a look on the internet... have no experience with digital video personally, it came a bit after my movie-making time... :(

Back