Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: The SHOW OFF thread

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    LDS...amazing. Vocal is clear and distinct all the way through. Great musicianship. Great tones.
    Fade Away - in HP, the hi-hat hits are distracting on the pan (especially when all the rest of the tunes have it on the opposite side). There are so few that it's obvious. Sounds fine on the speakers. Everything else is fabulous.
    Decay - Anthemic! Brilliant song. Great wall of guitars all over the place.
    Cannibal - Slower, mellower with a driving drum line that just makes it. Love the bass tone! Just wild.
    Bitter - Touchy subject, done quite well.
    Apologies - Heard this in the clinic. Loved it there. Still love it.
    Return - Banigin'! Is the vocal supposed to have that much mid? Backups are outstanding.
    Inside of Me - Catchy tune. Love the mix! Love the synchronization. At one point I thought the drums were doing War Pigs. Close to the same riffs.
    One Alone - Wow. S'all I got.
    Why - A question we all ask from time to time. Also a great point you bring out here: it's hard to feel forgiven if you don't know how to forgive...great lines, "Why can't I forgive him, God can You forgive me?"
    She - Such a deep lyric. Such a great song!
    Cold - Love me some good 6/8 mosh. The lyric has just the right angst for the type of song.
    All in all this is a solid, well done project! Great performances tastefully mixed. Don't know who's writing your lyrics, but congratulations, they're amazing!
    Soundcloud Page
    I don't care about my ego, I care about my mixes--Just say what you mean.

Thanks
    Thank you for the kind words!

The singer writes the lyrics. I've been working with him in one way or another for the past ten years and was finally provided the opportunity to join the current project and couldn't be prouder.

Good catch on the hi hats. I'm always torn between audience and drummer perspective on drum mixes.

Apologies was one of the first songs tracked and mixed. I would really like to thank the forum members for their feedback on it. That feedback was invaluable for the remainder of the project. We really appreciate the folks who not only took the time to listen and especially those who put forth the effort to analyze and comment!
    Quote Originally Posted by AbuseTheMuses View Post
    SM57s are good mics for anything from close mic instruments, vocals, hammering in nails, propping open heavy doors, rolling out cookie dough and so on. You really can't go wrong with that.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LDS View Post
    Hi all,

My band finally released an 'album' we've been working on for a while. Some of it is mellow rock, some a little harder. It's kind of 'message' music, addressing issues such as suicide prevention, spousal abuse and child abuse.

it was all done in my home studio as organically as possible with live drums, no samples/replacements, no Beat Detective or other time alignment, and not even one microsecond of autotune.

Thanks for reading and extra double thanks if you take the time to listen to some of the songs!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...M0CrEEGHlULGt4
    I get "video not available" on every track :-(

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timvracer View Post
    I get "video not available" on every track :-(
    Hmmmm... Not sure. DistroKid put the videos up.

Try this link:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...M0CrEEGHlULGt4
    Quote Originally Posted by AbuseTheMuses View Post
    SM57s are good mics for anything from close mic instruments, vocals, hammering in nails, propping open heavy doors, rolling out cookie dough and so on. You really can't go wrong with that.

Thanks
    You thought it wouldn't work huh? Check it out and follow me for more !

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gother View Post
    You thought it wouldn't work huh? Check it out and follow me for more !

I thought what wouldn't work? I am assuming 'you' in your context is meaning me?

Well placed in a forum nobody here gives a shit about. And no, I will likely not follow you as I find many issues with your mix personally. But then you did not come here for suggestions. Only to promote. So good luck there man.

But just in case you come back to actually give a shit about your mix, we are here. BTW it has huge issues that you should address. I am talking to the wind now...
    PC Win7-64-24G i7-4790k/Cubase 9 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7x/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne 4 Studio/Other things that don't mean anything if a client shows up not knowing what it wants.

Thanks
    Okay, guys, I did it! My album is on iTunes, Apple Store, Google Play, and more!

Check it out on Spotify, I'm super proud of it. I'm glad they accepted it, I can't believe I'm on iTunes! Or Spotify!

This is an instrumental funk EP - remixed with some help from you folks. Give it a listen!

https://play.spotify.com/album/2uBma6g9hgmIS6NaScsfOb

Thanks
    Hey guys,

I've you're into symphony 'n poetry, this one is worth checking out! Interlude-ish composition with poetry from a mate.

Merry Christmas ya'll

Thanks
    First album finally completed after almost three years of work. I'd appreciate thoughts, thanks so much to this community for the questions I had early on in my production career, it helped me get to the point I'm at now.

My first album published December 22, 2016 - forrest MASH - Lost Without A Shepherd (Full Album)

Thanks
    Hey, check out my latest track..

Thread Information