Review of the Bats Brew "Trouble" album, by Jack Hobson-Dupont

GONZO-X

Amazon.com: Jack Hobson-Dupont: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks, Kindle
jack hobson dupont is a writer and musician, a great guitar player, and a generally good guy.
he was kind enough to offer up a review of this new album, i wanted to share.

from the cbaby trouble webpage:
Bats Brew | Trouble | CD Baby Music Store

"Basically, the best rock album you've never heard

The album notes say that this "sounds and feels like a classic rock release" ...and that's totally true. The music is a rich and lush, full of detail and power and feeling and lyrical honesty as the best rock albums of the Golden Era. I was shocked the first time I heard these songs-- they're as good as any of my favorite songs of all time. That's quite a claim, I know....

The guitars are brilliant. There are delicate, sweet acoustical passages, offset by screaming power chords and fiery solos. And all of it is fraught with intense meaning; there is no self-indulgent noodling, or blistering runs of speedy notes just for the sake of speedy notes.. It's just layer upon layer of pure heavenly guitar, whether it's gentle and poetic or downright nasty hard rock.

The vocals are strong, punchy, at times soaring and angelic-- and most importantly, sincere. There are no stupid lyrics here, and no puffed-up pretentious rock star singing them, trying to foist himself off as a Bad Boy. To the contrary, this is the real deal. This is what music is supposed to sound like.

Download this album."

jack rocks. :guitar:

Back