[Orchestral] Chronicles of My Past

Battlegun

Greetings again my composer friends! Here is one of my more complex pieces that I've written. Undertaking a big orchestral score is quite the challenge, so I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on improving songs like these. Enjoy!

Hi, this is very good! I am impressed! I have tried my hand at doing orchestral scores, but not too big. I use mostly strings, oboe, flute, bassoon, piano. The only difference is I tend to write in modes of harmonic major and minor.
This tune you played is beautiful with nice changes and great to listen to. Where did you learn to put together such beautiful music? I really have NO background in this stuff. Mostly jazz for me. But I wanted to incorporate those exotic scales into something different. Your music is beautiful, where mine sounds ominous. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the kind remarks w1av. I don't have any education on creating music besides: 1) Composing a lot 2) Learning about composition on my own through books, videos, etc...
For this kind of orchestral music, I really just look at one instrument at a time, and analyze where it would best fit in the music. That, and listening to other orchestral pieces as reference have helped me put together this song.

Back