new Bats Brew album....... "Trouble", just released

GONZO-X

cdbaby-_Trouble_Cover_Art.jpg

Bats Brew | Trouble | CD Baby Music Store

also available at iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, YouTube, Amazon.

man, a lot of work went into this one!
Live drums by Brent Dacus, from the D/FW area....
it also has a licensed cover of an old classic creedence tune on it!

I want to thank all you forum people that helped me along the way with these songs.....
reviews that came from posts of working mixes along the way, were very helpful, so thanks!

please consider picking up a cd or download, and tell your buddies that dig rock music to check it out too!
support your local sound purveyor!!

a couple of tunes posted from the album:

"Melange de la chauve Souris"
"Melange de la chauve Souris" by Bats Brew | Free Listening on SoundCloud

"Yesterday"
"Yesterday" by Bats Brew | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Nice to hear live drums! Producers these days often don't even use real instruments, and it often times degrades the song. Great lead singles to kick off your album. I'll definitely take a look at your album.

Nice to hear live drums! Producers these days often don't even use real instruments, and it often times degrades the song. Great lead singles to kick off your album. I'll definitely take a look at your album.

alright battlegun!

appreciate the review and support.

yes, all real instruments here, it's just the only way this album would have worked.
glad you dig it!

so, this new album has live drums.

my last two albums, were a combination of programmed superior drummer tracks, and some loops created in Sony Acid....

those tracks sound pretty rockin,
but of course,
are missing some of the 'sav voir faire' that really good live drums have......

now, this guy that did the tracks for me, he's a pro..
plays gig stem in DFW area, plays for the local symphony, can play any style....

and when he did his tracks, he was playing along to my demos, which were done on top of a drum machine.

he managed to put all kinds of swing and feel on top of those very straightforward drum machine grooves,
and to me, that's the testament of a really good drummer.....
somebody that can, when force to, play dead on time, even with a metronome,

but still makes you want to groove.

bad @ss.

here's a pic of the original artwork i did for the album cover:

COVER 1 BLACK — Postimage.org

it's acrylic on glass.

i used two 12"x12"pieces of glass separated by rubber bumpers at the corners.....
made about a 1/4" gap between the glass...

i used gold rice paper as the base, and painted the text on one pane of glass, which is on the top...
and the bat on the 2nd pane of glass, which is in the middle.

outside, using a DSLR camera, in natural sunlight, i got real shadows, over a period of time and rotation of the art to the sun, settled on this one.

Man.....for some reason I hadn't heard any of your stuff before. Not sure why..........but sir........the last two here were just excellent works of musicianship..........composition.........writing.........mixing and production!! Holy crap you're good!!! Thanks for the listen.

Man.....for some reason I hadn't heard any of your stuff before. Not sure why..........but sir........the last two here were just excellent works of musicianship..........composition.........writing.........mixing and production!! Holy crap you're good!!! Thanks for the listen.

hey man!!
you are the reason i keep posting and posting... hoping somebody will hear something they like...

i've got three albums out there in the ether, and a soundcloud page where i rotate songs pretty regularly,
plus streaming on Spotify, and you can pickup downloads from amazon, Itunes, cdbaby, etc...

thanks for the comments!

hey man!!
you are the reason i keep posting and posting... hoping somebody will hear something they like...

i've got three albums out there in the ether, and a soundcloud page where i rotate songs pretty regularly,
plus streaming on Spotify, and you can pickup downloads from amazon, Itunes, cdbaby, etc...

thanks for the comments!

There tend to be some forum favorite artists that seem to always get more attention. So some gems get hidden away in plain sight and are overlooked.

Gonzo X's stuff falls into that second category (imho)

But it's top shelf stuff. :thumbs up:
Excellent writing, recording, performances, etc
I've always been a fan. :D

There tend to be some forum favorite artists that seem to always get more attention. So some gems get hidden away in plain sight and are overlooked.

Gonzo X's stuff falls into that second category (imho)

But it's top shelf stuff. :thumbs up:
Excellent writing, recording, performances, etc
I've always been a fan. :D

appreciate that RFR, thanks!

Back