Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Sunday

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gullyjewelz

Hey I am going to try and plan an event . . . a talent showcase

I have done this once before and really learned a lot -- the hard way. If any one wants to perform, let me know by responding to this post or emailing me.

I am just getting the ball rolling so bare with me.

I am considering holding it at a school--b/c I have a connection there (i think) . So far, I am trying to plan for NOvember or December.

Any thoughts about it being too soon --?

where are you located? I deal with about a half dozen bands here in NC and could most likely get them there if there will be good exposure. They range from metal, to rock, to pop punk. More info pls

Matt

richmond va

as i get more info, i will keep adding to this post -- right now, the venue itself may be a little "slanted" towards hip hop -- but i am trying to make it an ALL GENRE event!!!

if you can get a decent rock base going, richmond REALLY isnt too far for us. I think maybe 6 hours. If u can make it worth the gas $, im sure these guys would be down. Just get some info up ASAP as were already booking well into nov.

Matt

I was just in Richmond last weekend, we should have met up. That Byrd theater in Carytown is amazing. We're interested... but again - we're rock and pop rock.

i will be workin "both" angles (hip hop and rock/pop) my associate has a meeting tonight about the venue. i will post all updates in this message board

im tryin to take a poll -- which is better as a night of the week -- middle of the week like tuesday or wednesday or on the weekend fri or sat night

im sure i know the answer -- but i wanna gather some responses from possible artists/performers --

esp. since each location that i am talking to has very specific plans for various nights
there is one club that may jump at a mid. week thing b/c they are not makin any money (from what i can see) on tue. n wed. nights

the school -- these jokers have issues, but imstill debating with them

just let me know, please., which nights are better -- weekend = fri or sat
weeknight = tue/wed (not that mon. or thurs. is OFF the plan)

gracias

news flash!!! (no not really)

but i just got confirmation from the school that i have been talking to -- its a lock!! now i just have to hammer out some more details -- like -- night

since its a school -- there is much more likelihood of weekend -- the club i was considering said "absolutely no" to a weekend

well, im fuckin happy!!! this shit is tedious!!!

Back