Soundcloud / Fake Fans

dmytrel

So I did a bit of a search, because I know for sure this has been discussed here. But I didn't see anything, so forgive me if I didn't search well.

I got sucked into this "submit your track" scam, which gives you 350 plays (immediately, it seems). Of course, they were fake, because nobody reacted. Anyway now they are spamming me with buying their packages. Lame.

Is there really any place to submit a soundcloud track to somewhere that may get actual plays?

I'm not looking to quit my day-job, but I'd love to get some real feedback on my music. But there's too much fakery. I'm not looking for thousands of plays. In fact, just 20 actual plays with some feedback would be fine, hell, I'd be happy if just a few people listened.

Is there a legitimate place to submit your track for play on some kind of radio system, to get some feedback?

How confident are you in your stuff?
How widely do you want it listened to?
How much is it worth to you?
Pressing a physical product immediately sets you apart from about 40 gizillion internet bands.

But if you're just looking for a couple opinions, mom and dad usually have a tough time saying no.

Try your local independent radio station

Yeah, the only people who can get you legit listens are people who have actual people interested in what they have to say.
So local radio, music blogs, etc. They have followers/listeners who will listen to some or all of anything they post, and they themselves are on the lookout for worthwhile music to share that their fans will like.
Convince them to share your music.

I'm not looking to quit my day-job, but I'd love to get some real feedback on my music.

You know, there's nothing shameful about wanting your music to be heard. You (presumably) worked hard on it. I just think it's a little disingenuous, and ultimately harmful to your cause, to frame it with the whole "I don't wanna be a rock star, I just want a couple listens" thing that everyone says. Why do you have to explain yourself? Why say anything? Pretty sure no one cares what your motives are.

People who paint murals or collect seashells have no such embarrassment about their pastimes. Doesn't mean you have to gloat about it like a jackass, but with so many online music options available, why would a listener choose to explore something that, straight out of the gate, presents itself as nothing-special-from-an-ordinary-joe?

If you actually only want about 20 listens, just put your stuff on soundcloud and then post it in the mp3 clinic.

You'll get your 20 listens and feedback too.

If you actually only want about 20 listens, just put your stuff on soundcloud and then post it in the mp3 clinic.

You'll get your 20 listens and feedback too.

Oh really? nice, that's exactly what I want, feedback!

I see some people embed their soundcloud into a post - how do you do that? I can only do links.

Thank you!

Is there really any place to submit a soundcloud track to somewhere that may get actual plays?

Marketing dmytrel. It's nothing more then selling.
Most radio stations want more quality than regular mp3. Send them high quality flac or wav (24/96), or at least a link to download it.

I'm not looking to quit my day-job, but I'd love to get some real feedback on my music. But there's too much fakery. I'm not looking for thousands of plays. In fact, just 20 actual plays with some feedback would be fine, hell, I'd be happy if just a few people listened.

Put it on youtube too. And some more of those. Place links everywhere.
And hope that it will be picked up somewhere withing the music world. It has to be picked up, otherwise you will not make it at all. You can't force it, but only can feed it.

I see some people embed their soundcloud into a post - how do you do that? I can only do links.

Thank you!

Click the "share" button under your track on Soundcloud.
Click "embed" at the top of the pop-up box.
Click the image on the right to select the "classic" format.
Copy the code and paste it in the signature section of your profile here (or wherever). You may (or may not) have to click the "wordpress" box to get the correct embed code format, depending on where you are posting it.

Back