Song Contest

Slater

Was thinking of entering a couple of my songs in the USA Songwriting Competition which has a deadline of May 31, 2000.Has anyone ever participated or know anything about this competition.You can read about it at www.songwriting.net.

Thanks

hey there, I have sent in a song to that before but I didn't hesr anything back for the longest time and then all of a sudden boom....I did;t place....I can handle not placing but they don't give any feedback about your tune and because I live in Canada the what was $30 or so became close to $80 after the shipping and that was only for one song that I didn't even get a reply on except for a form letter stating who did place! Something to think about anyway!

hey jon - I submitted three songs to the john lennon songwriting contest two years ago with a similar result. I think that rather than entering songwriting contests, the smart money sets up songwriting contests. :)

hey dobro
I think you are right and I myself have been thinking that for quite some time! Atleast if we are going to put that much time/effort/dedication and money (often large sums of it) into something that they are doing then they should atleast give you some feedback!

Back