Solo Artist

Fishmed

I think that you would get better results and be happier doing your own label. You will have more creative freedom that way. Distribution is about the only thing going for the big boys now, and even that is slipping. The Web is a great place to sell your music to many people around the world.

I am a solo artist and im trying to get some opinions about a few things.

1. Im working on a solo album. Im writeing,recording and producing this stuff by myself.
when I have it complete would it even be worth it to send it out to labels?
It seems that record companies only want bands that play out,regardless of how talented a solo artist is.

2.Maybe it would be better if I tried to put it out on my own,start my own indie kinda thing.

3.Post it out on the internet?
I cant figure out how to upload any thing.
I signed up with the mp3 thing but I cant upload any music.

I dont really know what to do when im done.

Any suggestions?

I my humble opinion, you would be more successful if you "do your own thing". Go back to the mp3 site, educate yourself, figure out how to do this! It is worth the effort, and fun. (It is not hard, just takes a little time and effort to work it out.) See my mp3 site (just started). www.mp3.com/lostandlonesome.
Good luck!
George

I don't know what kind of errors you're getting when uploading your tune. But, all mp3's have to be in the correct format.
I think:
128 kbs, 44.1 khz, Stereo.
I think that's what it is anyway ...

At any rate, your mp3 file has to be recorded using those settings or mp3.com won't accept it.

Good luck!

Hello,
I'm a solo artist too (acoustic guitar/singer-songwriter type stuff) I also have a day job. It's tough for me to find the time to write, record, produce, and play out... I did manage to put out a homemade CD.
I'm trying to get a couple of bookstore/coffehouse type gigs now. A web page helps, does your ISP provide free web space? You can look at what I did at http://home.earthlink.net/~egordon99/seasons.html
I just try to tell people about my website/CD whenever I have the chance.

It's not really all that hard to put your stuff on the net. The hard thing is getting it mixed right. Go the the beginning of this web site, go done to "other popular content." and click on "everything you always wanted to know about realaudio." and read, read, read..... If you have a computer, duh, you can download some of these free programs to help put things into mp3 or realaudo. There realproducer and editor stuff. Check out www.idrive.com, they got free website where you can upload your stuff so others can hear it. IF that's the route you want to go. But like all the others said,you'll have to do some research.

Back