Side B - Remix Competition First Prize: €1000 ($1400 USD)

Side B

Hello,

We are Side B, we've been making music as a group for 10 years and are just releasing 2 albums for distribution at over 500 stores.
We have made two live performances this year and we're booked on another two.

In this playlist are 10 tracks from our latest album.
Supposed to B - playlist by Side B on Ubetoo

We are now announcing a Remix/Cover/Reproduction competition with 3 cash prizes!

1st prize: €1000 (about $1400)
2nd prize: €500 (about $700)
3rd prize: €250 (about $350)

The competition is OPEN Genre and FREE Interpretation, so not just Electronic Dance Music.

To participate, listen to the tracks from the playlist and pick 3 of them that you want to compete with.

After you've chosen. Please send a mail to remix@alarian.se with:
- Which tracks you have chosen
- What genre you will be performing in
- Link(-s) to your most relevant songs/productions

Please do not send messages here, it's hard for us to handle!
If you have any questions or other messages, please send a mail to inquiry@alarian.se

Here are the Tracks one more time if you missed it at the top:

I can't remember where I posted this thread...

One thing to clarify, people have been askin this:
You will compete with 3 tracks.

The 3 best tracks will be the 3 winners.
That means if one artist/group have made all 3 winning tracks, they will recieve a total of €1750

FAQ from other forums

could you please explain a bit more your reasoning behind making it Ableton-only
I want to be able to review the techniques and approaches of the competing material.
If someone takes a few of our channels and just jam them together with sample-cd loops and such, it could sound absolutely terrific... But I don't promote that and even though it might sound amazing as a .wav, I wouldn't call it a winner...

Besides, I'm hoping to learn something from all this.

seems to indicate that you would then prefer to have the ability to make alterations to the winning remixes. Is that correct?
No, that is not correct... Only a damn f*ing asshole would do something like that.

Also, if you only submit one track does it get listened to?
What happens if you submit one awesome track but two crappy ones?
Do all three need to be winners or could you still be in with a chance of taking the third prize?
One track gets listened to. But only under special, unpredetermined circumstances will it have a chance to win.
You can win 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize with your 3 tracks, which would give you a total of €1750 in winnings.
If you submit one track but two crappy ones, you can win 1st, 2nd or 3rd prize.

you also say that this can be in ANY style - though the BPM range kinda restricts that a bit doesn't it.
It can be any style, which fits into that BPM range...

Now I am an ableton live user, but even i cringe at the thought of hving to export sets to you
This is the way I'm doing it... If people don't trust me, then they won't compete.
I am very sorry if someone feels offended by the rules, but applying is a free choice.

, it's bollocks tbh. why not a wav then if that track is selected, then ask for the set?? some of us don't have unlimited broadband you know
Some others of us don't have unlimited time and money you know. The cash I'm offering is all I have and it's taken me quite some time to save it all up aswell. If I'd have thousands and thousands of euros falling out of my pockets, I'd try all sorts of things... Again, the rules are the rules I've decided on. If they make it impossible for someone to apply, I am very sorry. But again, entering the competition is a free choice. If you don't like the rules, you don't apply...

basically, sort these issues out or remove the comp from this site. seems to be a clusterfuck to me tbh at the mo
I have no intention of breaking any forum rules. If you feel that I am breaking rules there isn't anything else I can do but to accept your judgement and have you delete the post on whatever unbiased grouds you decide.
IDMforums.com is the best forum I know of... So if the competition has to go, it has to go...
Seems to me like it would be a shame though, considering alot of people actually want to apply.

All in all, I'm no damn asshole who's out to scam a bunch of hard working producers. I'm trying to create something which I haven't seen anyone else do, I would be happy if they did. To me, this is the absolute opposite of every other egoistic crap most in the industry are undertaking.

I actually thought people would get excited, but it seems that it's like trying to sell a Rolls Royce for £500... Noone will buy it, because they are all too afraid that there's something fishy going on.

After messaging all 30+ people that have applied, only 6 have responded and I've given it 2 weeks...
So if I would proceed at this moment, that would mean 6 contestants left that I know read my e-mails.

At this point, I'm forced to reconsider the Ableton rule aswell as the BPM Rule. These have been the things people have had issues with. I would need to extend the deadline though, because I have to collect midi-files for all projects and manage more contestants.

Changes in rules are as follows
BPM: Any
DAW: Any

If anyone is interested in entering the competition with a different DAW than Ableton, send your message to remix2@alarian.se
You will get an autoreponse with additional information!

Remember to say which 3 tracks you are competing with!
Scivolution (2010 Live Mix) by Psytrance on Ubetoo - Listen to Psytrance songs for free

STATUS UPDATE
Uploading Remix Packs + Ableton Projects right now.
If you're interested and want the same timeframe as the others, now is the time to apply!
Contest entry is closed at May 17th!

remix@alarian.se <= Ableton Live Users
remix2@alarian.se <=None Ableton Users

Back