The Seven Deadly Sins Project [I need 7 willing artists]

TripMX

Hello everybody! TripMX here! I am a fellow artist who's working on a new project called "The Seven Deadly Sins Project", and I need your help!

The 7 Deadly Sins are:
-Avarice [TAKEN]
-Sloth [TAKEN]
-Gluttony [TAKEN]
-Lust [TAKEN]
-Pride [TAKEN]
-Wrath [TAKEN]
-Envy [TAKEN]

What I need is seven different artists/musicians who are willing to either create or submit an already created original song of theirs that would be related to a specific deadly sin. In return, your music will be promoted during the main events of the project on my official website as well as other websites (including FaceBook). In addition, if you have a website/profile page/etc., I will direct link it with your song on my official website as well.

If you are interested in assisting me in this grand collaboration, please PM/IM/message me ASAP.
Submissions are on a first come first serve basis, so if two or more people choose the same 'deadly sin', the first person will be accepted for the submission of THAT particular 'deadly sin'-themed creation, however, I will keep you all updated!

Submission Rules:
1. Please provide your artist/musician name.
2. Please provide your website address or FaceBook (if you have one).
3. Tell me how you want to send me the music file (.mp3,.wav,.m4a, etc.) [either by direct link or via email]
4. Song length should be between 2min [MINIMUM] ~ 5min [MAXIMUM].
5. Song should be submitted/completed before October 1st, 2014.
NOTE: Song could be purely instrumental or instrumental with vocals (either are OK).

I will update this topic as we go! :)

If you have any questions, please let me know! =]

Thank you very much in advance!! ^^

Most Sincerely,
-TripMX

Last edited:
Submissions are on a first come first serve basis, so if two or more people choose the same 'deadly sin', the first person will be accepted for the submission of THAT particular 'deadly sin'-themed creation, however, I will keep you all updated!

What if the first submission is rubbish?

I've got a song related to sloth, but it's unfinished. Oh, and one related to pride, but I think it's waaaaay too good for your project.

I've got a few songs that fit a few of your sins. I'll sell you one of them. Let's talk $$$$$$$.
I'm sorry, but this project is a completely free volunteering endeavor that involves no cost.

What if the first submission is rubbish?
If the first submission is rubbish, I'll re-open that particular deadly sin in lieu of a new better submission.

I've got a song related to sloth, but it's unfinished. Oh, and one related to pride, but I think it's waaaaay too good for your project.
Whatever you feel is a good possible submission, please by all means, allow me to take a gander at it.

Just a reminder, I only require one song from each different artist, as each deadly sin related song will be derived from a different artist.

So what exactly would I, or anyone, get out of this? More importantly, what are YOU getting out of this?
What I need is seven different artists/musicians who are willing to either create or submit an already created original song of theirs that would be related to a specific deadly sin. In return, your music will be promoted during the main events of the project on my official website as well as other websites (including FaceBook). In addition, if you have a website/profile page/etc., I will direct link it with your song on my official website as well.
As stated in my initial post, I will basically be promoting your music for free (be it an old song or newly created one) as long as it matches the aforementioned criteria. I'm not looking for Hollywood music/soundtracks, all I need is some community artists' good old-fashioned original music creations. What am I getting out of it, you ask? I'm not making any money doing any of this; I never went that route, as I'm not a great mainstream artist either (I make all my music on iOS). I do all of this purely for entertainment and for the community.

What's your audience? Who are you promoting to? Your website has had 2000 views. That aint much, and if those 2000 are anything like me, they saw the main page and hit the back button..

The Seven Deadly Sins Project START!!

*******THE SEVEN DEADLY SINS PROJECT START!!*******
rsz_thesevendeadlysinsproject_complete_zpsb58d7550.png

The Seven Deadly Sins Project Introductory Theme Song RELEASED!
HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__kYSSeYtLk

EDIT: Available deadly sins have been updated! Anyone willing to take on the remaining deadly sins? ;)

What's your audience? Who are you promoting to? Your website has had 2000 views. That aint much, and if those 2000 are anything like me, they saw the main page and hit the back button..
My audience is for the niche and curious, as my music and work is not very 'modern-esque'. It's my own independent style; I could care less if I become famous, it's all about the hobby and listening to music for what it is----the sounds of the world. Also, I like trying new things, this project being one of them, as I normally never reach out for this type of assistance. Promotion is promotion, be it through hundreds, thousands, or millions....at least people get to hear my work, if not, just once. Every single listener is appreciated; it's my own personal opinion, as I'm very much one of the 'little guys'.

Last edited:
What the heck. I'm not making any money off my songs, and no one's listening to them anyway.
I wouldn't give up so easily, don't give up hope; there's always a chance for your music to reach out across various audiences and maybe in the future gain revenue.

In any case, main post is updated! Only one deadly sin remains---AVARICE, ironically.

Let me clarify my previous posts.....I have no illusions of ever making money from music, but I'm not just gonna give it away for someone else to potentially make money with it.

I have a song about selling farts in a jar. It's a death metal song about getting rich by farting in jars and selling the farts in a jar as the hottest new fragrance. And it's basically about how if it's the latest hottest trend people will buy it even if it smells like shit. It's death metal too. Which is totally awesome because it'll fit right in with all the other awesome songs on this compilation :D

Here's the youtube video. As you can see for yourself, it went absolutely viral. No doubt this track will make you rich!

Let me clarify my previous posts.....I have no illusions of ever making money from music, but I'm not just gonna give it away for someone else to potentially make money with it.
I completely respect your opinion Greg, this entire project is all about community volunteering, there are no obligations/fine print. In any case, your decision is still respected. :)

FoulPhil - The song is...interesting to say the least, however, at this point I'm looking for a community artist who could either make (or has already made) a song related to the deadly sin 'AVARICE'.

Back