Question about Online Presence

Aaron Acosta

I'm posting here for personal direction and to share concerns with ya'all.
Are there people who say there's a right way to do it?
An example of my abilities aren't available yet (as I know it would help you reply), so I just want to speak for the "design" part of marketing.

Would it matter, also, if for every domain you register that you have only one website associated with it.. how much time does it take to even build an online presence?

Okay, so it's some scramble of thought that makes me choose against using a bunch of social networking platforms. I'd rather use a few trusted websites and get things going.

I know for certain which I'm going to use; Audiomack (display my beats to a target client), Tumblr (digital photos and building network between my social network Twitter and main domain), Myspace (not 100% on using it, not sure I ever will be), and maybe a soundcloud/soundclick or a Wordpress sort of thing.

I could google or bing search the benefits of those website, but I feel like it would make my goal of Online Presence too systematic. So as I've said I'm posting here for personal direction and to share concerns with ya'all.

Myspace? Hardly anyone bothers with it anymore. Presence is only going to come about by hardwork (or advertising), by having a product people want and will seek out (and have heard/read about somewhere). It's nice to have your own Dotcom site to point everything to. Don't forsake social media, just use it for what its good for.

Building an online presence is not something that happens over night. It takes a lot of time and dedication to get things rolling. Once you have some momentum things start to get easier. You can narrow down what social networks you choose to promote yourself on if you want, but just remember that more places you are the more exposure you get.

Back