Question about Mini-CDs?

mjr

ADD -- blessing and curse
From a marketing standpoint, and to get people to come to my site, I want to put a single or two on a mini-CD that I can hand out. Sort of a demo. Maybe put a message on there, too "If you like what you've heard..." or maybe "For more information and to purchase the CD..."

I don't want to initially hand out my full CD to just anybody.

I already know which full-size CDs I want to use, but I was just wondering if anyone had any good ideas on any good quality printable mini-CDs. I'd prefer hub-printable (for a better design) but they don't have to be.

Thanks!

mini cds don't work in most cars where you have to slide the disc in... in fact they can ruin them. add a paper label to that and you've got a disaster waiting to happen.

Why go with a mini CD? I don't think people are used to seeing them, and I don't believe they're any cheaper (probably cost more) than blank full size CDs. Also, grn's car stereo comment was right on the money. Most people listen in cars and you don't want to alienate that crowd.

Go with the full size...just because you only want to make a sampler doesn't mean you have to use smaller CDs. Go with what people are familiar with and also with what's more compatible in most players. I understand what you're wanting to do, it's just not the way I'd do it. And it's only my opinion so it don't really mean squat. ;)

Both very valid points. I never thought of it that way. I'll do that, then. I think I'll just use a different design and (maybe) the slim jewel cases for the singles.

Back