Pygmy beat cd album

rayc

retroreprobate
http://kunaki.com/Sales.asp?PID=PX00ZERI99
That's the Kunaki link to the Pygmy Beat album - "Like Lies To Children"
It's been a long time in the making but the guest artists and mastering make it a reality.
Cheapish - US$8 + postage.
Naturally I'll send copies to Gerry, Greg, Rami & Faderbug as they were featured artists: from HR.front222.jpg
Thanks also to those amongst you who have, over time, supported the development of the mixes featured on the album.
Back22.jpg
Oh, the print quality is way better than it appears above.

Excellent stuff ray, I'll have to get a copy to add to the homerecording collection :D

What's the thinking behind the cover choice? I can't quite tell what it's of - dinghys by the side of a road maybe?

Excellent stuff ray, I'll have to get a copy to add to the homerecording collection :D

What's the thinking behind the cover choice? I can't quite tell what it's of - dinghys by the side of a road maybe?

That's a fine collection of Sydney wheelie bins... (ie. rubbish bins). The yellow lids are recycling and the red one on the end is for general rubbish...

Ray must live very close to me as they look exactly like the ones I have... :D

I need to hear all of these tracks, the one I did listen to sounded really cool. It's been so long since I bought a real CD instead of mp3s, and I couldn't resist buying. I look forward to unwrapping it and putting it in my player when it comes in the mail. Seems the postage was really cheap? I trust you'll tell me if it costs more than what you charged to send to the UK, so I can pay you the difference.

BTW. I can't possibly think of what I contributed to the making of this, but thanks all the same Ray, it's awful nice of you, and now it feels like I made it. :D

FTG,
Contribution isn't always obvious.
Some of the fine folk at HR simply listened and commented, critiqued and encouraged.
I'd had the album completed months ago but wasn't going to do anything with it; however encouragement and collaboration on some recent stuff gave me the confidence to take the last step and put the CD out.
Similarly I thanked an old mate of mine, Kevin Unicomb. He was a High School Music Dept. Master and started me on the road to home recording in the mid 80's. Kevin died a decade ago but his impact, whilst unknown to the world was significant on musical and personal levels.

Armistice,
I'm not TOO far from your location: that snap is at the bottom of Bald Hill the area Lawrence Hargrave did the box kite experiments that the Wright Bros wrote to him about & also borrow his ideas about air propellers.
The biins - a load of rubbish if literal, council based recycling - a none to thorough fib about the concept of recycling that educated and encourages the public re recycling whilst actually being not terribly green in reality (power costs, minimal sorting, lots ends up in waste management anyway etc etc etc) and also a reference to Terry Pratchett and his Science of Discworld dissertations on "Lies to Children".

I know who they are, as I've read various things about them, but I've not heard or seen them, alas. Should I?

I think you should, though I've never seen them and only found out about 'em a couple years back. Their discography's a little intimidating and I haven't heard everything, but I had Drive-By in heavy rotation for a while, and they've got a new one out now too. Supposed to be great live, but they don't make it to my corner too often.

Right! finally ordered my copy. Probably should figure out a way to bookmark things like this more consistently.

Back