Preview of our upcoming album

Hello there

The first moment of the track reminded me of Pantera (Walk? Maybe) but that was just incidental. It's a good track and the parts very well played including your solo. You're an excellent guitarist.

For my personal taste I would try different variations of your bends...maybe try slower bends...maybe try without the release...or maybe add the double stop (if that's the term? The note on the string below..) and see where that takes you. I'd just experiment to find what speaks for you. Sorry I don't feel like I've been very helpful...I find critism hard as you're clearly a more talented guitarist than me. I just prefer a slightly rougher sound in a solo.

Good work though mate! :)

Darren

Oh man! It's "Verb the Noun", my favorite band! :D

Are you looking for arrangement advice? Mix feedback? Pre-orders?

Hello,

Thanks man! I really appreciate this kind of feedback. After you said that it's similar to Pantera Walk i started to think the same thing, however i didn't write the song, the other guitarist wrote it and i can tell you, we both had enough of that Pantera song, we like Pantera, only we heard that song way too many times in rock/metal pubs lol.

Anyway, when i write my solos i just 'let it flow', i never think about things like, "i should play like that, or like that" i just improvise until i get a version that would satisfy my tastes. And also, i always listen to new music and guitarists that play other music than metal, jazz for example, to improve my soloing skill.

How is this a preview of an upcoming album?

Its just like the millions of other guys 'showing off their chops' on youtube.

You play well enough, but I was disappointed. I was expecting an actual album preview.

How is this a preview of an upcoming album?

Its just like the millions of other guys 'showing off their chops' on youtube.

You play well enough, but I was disappointed. I was expecting an actual album preview.

well, i didn't try to 'show off', i don't consider myself a very good guitarist, there are many other guitarists out there who have a much larger musical vocabulary than i do.

I didn't upload a 'standard' preview of any of our songs because the album is nearly finished and we're gonna upload it in full on youtube, next year :P

Not that there is anything wrong with this vid or the act of uploading it, but what's the purpose???

Maybe it's just the the title of this thread that is misleading.

[..]I was disappointed. I was expecting an actual album preview.

I'm pretty certain you can find some finished albums on youtube and bandcamp... Have you checked thoroughly?
No need to get all frustrated in your music quest, there really is quite a bit of it out there. :)

And in the mean time, check and see if FutureBreed has a mailing list you can join.

Hello,

Thanks man! I really appreciate this kind of feedback. After you said that it's similar to Pantera Walk i started to think the same thing, however i didn't write the song, the other guitarist wrote it and i can tell you, we both had enough of that Pantera song, we like Pantera, only we heard that song way too many times in rock/metal pubs lol.

Anyway, when i write my solos i just 'let it flow', i never think about things like, "i should play like that, or like that" i just improvise until i get a version that would satisfy my tastes. And also, i always listen to new music and guitarists that play other music than metal, jazz for example, to improve my soloing skill.

Heya Pal

Haha yeah I guess it's a popular song but fear not I've listened to your clip several times and it's just a coincidence because of where the video kicks in. After the first two notes it don't sound so much like Walk but it's own thing.

I didn't real mean for you to force a certain sound but I do think it's important to listen back with a critical ear and pick out notes you're not over sold on. For me it was the bends...nothing wrong with them but I just felt some variation could help spice it up a little. Having said that my taste is my own and yours yours. If you're happy then great!!

All the best

Darren

The track lacked dynamics and the "solo" had no melodic thread to follow/hold onto.
The backing sounds just like a backing - as in karaoke or those games where folk pretend to play guitar.
Variation is sometimes a useful thing - even Helmet used it.

Back